Notices

Old 30 May 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Pre Trippy - the one with the WDW Vets!

Cast;

Me 36 (just - every little helps!) often found wishing on stars, singing Disney songs & being annoyingly chirpy & optimistic!

DH 40 - Grump with a Grumpy hoody to prove it - purchased on our trip last August when torrential rain soaked us!

DD 12 - Wise cracking, older-than-her-years, Disney loving girly, despite being at high school now, she still loves Disney. We've called her Boo since she was a baby because she always sounded like Boo from MI (and it was always her favourite)

DD9 & DS8 - completely unaware that we are going on this trip, I plan to surprise them a day or so before, to give them a bit of time to get excited but not too much for the 'how many sleeps..?' questions

My Mum (she'd kill me for telling you, but she's 64!) & Dad (62) Their first trip to DLP - to see why I love it so . They've done WDW many, many, times & go every other year. I was lucky enough to go 4 times with them when I was younger so I know the differences, I'm happy to admit that I'm nervous! It's their 40th Wedding anniversary too on 7th so I'll be taking them for cocktails in Café Fantasia before our Inventions reservation that evening

We're flying from Manchester on 4th June, overnight at the Adagio at Val d'Europe & on to the Newport Bay on 5th June - staying in Compass Club.

We'll be eating at Rainforest Café, Inventions, Cape Cod, Silver Spur & probably Del Arte at Val d'Europe. No meal plan this time, which is unusual for us, but not worth it with our selection of restaurants this time.

We booked last May/June time & in all honesty I am really disappointed that more has been added to the closures for our dates.

If it was just the 5 of us, I'd be fine about it, in fact, I'm really pleased the investments are being made - as we plan to visit for years to come. However, it's an entirely different ball game having first timers with us, we've been & done all the rides many times, but having the WDW vets with us, I feel the pressure to impress them after all the years I've gone on about DLP & finally convinced them to come! No use worrying about it now though, it's still going to be magic!

I've been busy making pirate ears & Tinkerbell ears & tutu for Boo (thankfully she's not too grown up for this yet :-) )

Thank you for reading & sharing the experience with me
If any of you have experience with taking first timers along, I'd love to hear about it xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 16, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Thankfully the proposed Air Traffic control strikes for 3-5th June have been called off, so we're all systems go!

We're doing a reveal at The Disney Store tomorrow morning, can't wait :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Exciting! Have a great time
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List