Notices

Old 12 Feb 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Post Disney-pre 30 depression trip!

Hellooooo! After reading everyone's trip reports nosily for months I figured only fair for me to share too!

So first of all the reason for the trip is in the title. I had my first ever trip to WDW last year and had such an amazing time but I found myself feeling really flat when I got back and spending far too much time looking at things I felt I'd missed (aka reasons to go back proto!). My boyfriend loved WDW too but he would rather wait a few years before going back to wait for more things to change and his list of places he longs to visit is probably bigger than mine too as I've only had the travel bug for a few years!). I'm also turning the big 30 this year but knew that we'd not be returning to WDW so soon. My mind and researching turned to DLP where I've also never been and I thought it looked great. Started pricing it up and had a think in the back of my mind. I decided I would love to go just after my birthday as this avoids what I've read are busier weekend days but avoids me travelling on my actual birthday.

I mentioned the idea and rough prices to my mum who was keen but my dad took a bit of persuading! He has now agreed to go on the basis of seeing some of the things available and the promise of a day trip to Paris :-). My mum turns 50 in April and she said she would rather go to DLP than have a party. The trip looked about to fall apart when by boyfriend admitted that he really didn't fancy DLP. He went as a kid on a school trip for only a few hours but didn't like it and he also isnt keen on Paris itself having had boring family trips there before. He also said he doesn't feel the need to go back to Disney yet as it will only be a year since WDW (near enough to the day). I'm not going to lie I was a bit gutted but can't expect everyone to have the same passion and to be fair I was discussing this about 3 months after getting back home! I spoke to my parents who weren't keen us going as 3 as felt someone would be left out and it also scuppered price wise as I would essentially be paying for 2 to stay for just me as I think we'd kill eachother sharing a room for 5 days with no space apart. In stepped my friend who I've known for years who is desperate to go on holiday let alone to anything disney! I've known her since primary school so she knows my parents quite well too and her and my mum are self confessed ride wusses whereas me and dad are a bit braver! So the trip was back on - the awesome 4some was formed! :-D

I'm also delighted to say I'm very lucky in that all 3 of them are quite happy to just let me get on and plan... my friend joked that I can give her a laminated itinerary the day before! I adore planning and researching and its nice to be able to not be reigned in lol!

So first of all came hotel choice... we were between Sequoia lodge and Newport Bay. We decided on newport bay as we are going in summer and my parents really liked the idea of having a pool available and the rooms look really nice. We decided to book through magic breaks for the hotel and hold off on flights. The hotel was booked around September time and the balance due in Feb.

Then eventually came flights... I kept looking on sky scanner and eventually found some that seemed reasonable and I liked the timings as we will get there fairly early on the Monday and have most of the day on Friday before flying home and landing at a reasonable hour.

I booked transfers with hoppa who I've used a few times... these seemed reasonable and being 4 of us and baggage etc felt it would be easier than trying to work out any other options.

Other than that we have decided to use the Wednesday for a Paris day trip as its our middle day and also I'd read that Wednesday is a busy weekday with the schools in France being on a half day.

I also bought the 4 of us tickets to buffalo bills for the Tuesday night for their xmas presents which they are all pleased with.

So that's where I am so far... not sure if I need to have planned more yet but hoping I've got time!

Will keep you posted. Thanks for reading if got this far! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

UPDATE:-

So here we are with 39 days to go until we travel Countdown is on!

Had a bit of a distraction as planned a bit of an inpromtu trip to Vegas with my fella at the end of March so I was focusing on that so started looking into everything in a bit more depth now. We have decided to do the Paris day trip DIY having read some really good trippies on here - any tips welcome!

Other than that we are going to try and book Bistrot Chez Remy for either the Monday night or the Thursday night

(Just posted my first pic so I'm very pleased with myself if it works!

We have also booked our airport transfer using Resort Hoppa as we just want to be able to sit and be delivered and got quite a good deal on it I think.

Arranging a get together with my 3 travel buds to try and work out the rest of the restaurants we want to book while we are there so any recommendations welcome :-)

Also getting in touch with Magic Breaks to try and arrange a character breakfast (even though we are 4 adults!) xx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Eeeek have fun! Mines a pre 30th celebration too 😬 Xx
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emma1987BTL View Post
Eeeek have fun! Mines a pre 30th celebration too 😬 Xx
Eeep hope you have an amazing time too Think its a great way to celebrate a 30th! x
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Eeep hope you have an amazing time too Think its a great way to celebrate a 30th! x
Defiantly! I'm 30 2weeks after we come back (14th October) 😬 Scary stuff but I'm looking forward to it 😁 Xx
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I did DLP for my 30th! 12th November last year - had a great time! I mean granted it was a bank holiday, and super busy but still was the best place to turn 30. Bought myself an annual pass as a treat as well lol.

Newport Bay is a great hotel - looks fab now its finished its refurb

There are some fab restaurants as well in Paris, you're going to have a great time! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List