Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jan 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Tell me your Universal Highlights. We have a lot to learn

We've booked a week in the new Endless Summer resort for this August. So far we know just about nothing about Universal but with 7 days on site and three park tickets we think we'll probably have plenty of time to make sure we see all the good bits.

What was your favourite ride in the parks? Are there any shows worth seeing (we loved The Lion King, Tiki Tiki Tiki Room and Indiana Jones shows at WDW).

How do you book shows? Is there a pre-booking option and do you have to pay extra for them?

Are there any cool themed areas or exhibits to check out? (We had great fun exploring the Star Wars Exhibits in HS)

We'll hopefully be eating out most evenings on I-Drive and again having only stayed onsite at WDW or miles away in a villa we have no idea what's good here. What was your favourite?

We will not have Express Passes although we will get early park access so any advice around this would be great. Our dates are the 25th Aug - 1st Sept.

Thanks
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

The Horror Makeup Show is a must see, you just turn up, no booking required.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have a wet ride day and do all the water rides in one go . You will get soaked through to your skin so chose footwear carefully and don’t take a bag on but bilge-Rat barge is epic . You need to ride it at least 3 times consecutively lol.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Have a wet ride day and do all the water rides in one go . You will get soaked through to your skin so chose footwear carefully and don’t take a bag on but bilge-Rat barge is epic . You need to ride it at least 3 times consecutively lol.
As above. And have a spare pair of shoes in the hotel as wet feet for a few walking days is not good.

I like bilge rat, but Dudley do-right soaks me every time. Back seat seems to worst though ☹️
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
As above. And have a spare pair of shoes in the hotel as wet feet for a few walking days is not good.

I like bilge rat, but Dudley do-right soaks me every time. Back seat seems to worst though ☹️
Dudley do right you may as well just get in the bath fully clothed before getting on it
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I have a week just doing universal this month - i plan to just absorb the things i bypass to get to the next ride. I want to do the horror make-up show and all the HP shows.

The end of August should be ok without an express pass
Old 7 Jan 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Dudley do right you may as well just get in the bath fully clothed before getting on it
Lol Bilge-rat is like being pushed into a swimming pool fully clothed. I was soaked to the bone!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Agree😀 the wet rides in universal are far wetter than the wet rides at Disney but so worth it. We had fun walking around IOA absolutely dripping after the Popeye ride
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

We are staying at Hard Rock Hotel for 10 nights from the 24th August so will be there the same time. This is a first for us to just do the Universal parks and Volcano Bay so looking forward to taking things at a slower pace. I haven’t watched the Blues Brothers for years, but always found that to be really good. It’s down one of the side streets at Universal and you just turn up to watch them put on a bit of a singing show.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

As others have said, on the wet rides you get soaked. Chucked in a river soaked.

The Harry Potter stuff is incredibly well done, although we much preferred Diagon Alley to Hogsmead. If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express you need a park hopper (about £35pp on our 14 day ticket)
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List