Notices

Old 11 Jan 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We need some sunshine, time for a week away!

After our last trip which was fun (but involved many more compromises than a normal trip) we have been looking for another trip just the two of us.

We had hoped to make another trip to Delaware in December to see our friends but for several reasons that wasn't possible and so now it is cold and miserable we started looking at trips to Florida

Over the Christmas break we started looking at flights and the prices for BA into Tampa in February looked really good. We booked a week off and started booking

We managed to get economy flights and a tahoe or similar for £863 which I was pretty happy with.

We also managed to get a Dibb villa in our favourite area (Tuscan Hills) and we already have annual passes so that's the main bits sorted.

We used Hilton points to book a night at the Hilton Gatwick for the night before our flight.

We did have one final issue - we needed a night in a hotel on the night we arrive in Florida and were struggling. We really wanted a Disney Springs hotel but they were looking expensive. Our plan was to book the Buena Vista Palace using some more of our Hilton points and then today Rob was checking availability at Saratoga Springs and a studio popped up.

We only had 9 DVC points available so needed to purchase 4 one time only points so he got on the phone to DVC to see if he could reserve it before it got grabbed by someone else.

We got it!

So, now we can start our trip off on Disney property and hopefully start off with an Earl of Sandwich as has been our tradition

And I've managed to pick up a fast pass for both Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage today

The rest of the trip will be relaxed but I will try and get a couple of dining reservations but otherwise - bring on some sunshine!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So, we are getting close to our trip now and after the snow we had overnight and throughout the day today I am looking forward to significantly higher temperatures in Orlando

I was quite pleased as I managed to book us places at the DVC Moonlight Magic event at the Magic Kingdom during our trip...we haven't been to one before. I'm hoping the park will be relatively quiet

I've booked us 2 dinner reservations - Yachtsman Steakhouse and Sanaa and don't plan on making anymore. We have so many favourite places we want to eat that I don't know how we will fit them in.

I am also debating cancelling our fast pass for Flight of Passage

I picked up a morning FP for one of our days but am now thinking we might try and visit most of the parks in the evenings. I think I will hang on to it and see what the weather is like - if it is a cooler day then it might work out ok.

Not long left now
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds perfect and a great price.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List