Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

What would you do

We are going 25thOct-8thNov, staying onsite at CSR with QSDP, it was supposed be just Disney this time but we’ve decided we can’t not do universal, we have previously done a one night stay at RPR in August for the express passes but will we need them in Oct/Nov, I can’t decide between just getting a 2 day base ticket and staying at RPR again or the 3 park explorer ticket and just doing a night in cabana bay and only getting early entry but having the benefit of tickets for the whole holiday, difference in price is about £50 but there is 6 of us so neither is cheap, which would you do?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re on the fence about Universal this year and it doesn’t help that we normally stay at RPR and are used to express passes. I think if there’s not much in it price wise I’d stay at RPR as you’ll get so much more done with Express passes than without.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
woodpecker24
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We stayed at Cabana Bay at the end of October 2017. Absolutely loved it! We found that with the early entry on a morning you can get so much done as it remains fairly quiet for the first couple of hours. Throughout the whole holiday the only ride we had to queue longer than 30 mins for was minions! Also did every water slide at Volcano Bay within 2 hours literally walked straight on everything, it's right next to Cabana Bay so with the early entry it's a real benefit. As long as you're prepared to start early on a morn I would say don't bother with RPR x
woodpecker24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re conflicted too. We are there 15th-26th October so before half term starts but only have 11 days to play with. We have 3 nights at Disney (2 day tickets so 2 full park days) and the rest in a villa. Both of our trips have been in August and we’ve done 1 night at RPR and 2 at HRH so the express passes have been a godsend. We’ve bought Universal tickets this year, the 14 day ones as intend on prob doing 4 half days, not full half but like 9-3/4 or lunchtime till close. We’ve also booked a beach night at St Pete’s, at the kids request, they’re at the stage where the parks aren’t where their main interests lie, but I can’t help but think we might need Express passes...but as it’s a budget trip I’m just not sure. The Cabana Bay idea is a good one, I guess you can get loads done in early entry? And it’s half the price of one of the express pass hotels. How busy will it be on October half term?! We’ve never found Universal overly manic in August!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dilovesflorida
Very Serious Dibber

We were there last yea4 in the first week of October and the queues weren’t huge. However, as you’ll be there in half term, I’m sure this will have an effect especially as the new Harry Potter ride should be open.
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d get the base tickets and stay. I’d actually stay at HRH as it’s closer to the parks which allowed us to pop back for a swim and a rest. We went the same time as you and with HHN there’s lots of days the parks close early so consider this when choosing your dates to go as obviously you’ll have less time in the parks. One day we went and the weather was awful so the parks really emptied out and lots were walk on but the following 2 days were very busy lots of waits over an hour and we wouldn’t have bothered without the express pass. Also factor in the parking costs if you keep returning it’ll be $25 a time

Bex

Just to add there was an offer of buy a 2 day base ticket get 2 days free so we actually ended up with 4 days anyway which was plenty, we did 2 full days with a hrh stay and then 2 half days, not sure if this offer will be on when you go

Edited at 10:28 AM.
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your advice it’s all very helpful, I’ve already factored in HHN so our stay would be after this ends, but hadn’t factored in parking fees, decisions decisions😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List