Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jan 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
Thank you to all that have replied to this thread or have sent me pm's.

After various attempts since my first post, I have now heard from the owner who has confirmed they have sold the villa and I'm now in the process of retrieving my deposit.

Luckily, we have another villa booked now, (thank you Penny) and we can look forward to our holiday again.

Thank you all again.

Tracey
Must be such a relief that you’ve managed to sort another villa and the original owners have been in touch.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So glad you have got this sorted and a new villa booked time to relax and look forward to your holiday

Joan
Old 10 Jan 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Happy you have this sorted and I hope any other dibbers who had this villa booked has got the same outcome. Enjoy your holiday
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy you have sorted it 👍🏻
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
Thank you to all that have replied to this thread or have sent me pm's.

After various attempts since my first post, I have now heard from the owner who has confirmed they have sold the villa and I'm now in the process of retrieving my deposit.

Luckily, we have another villa booked now, (thank you Penny) and we can look forward to our holiday again.

Thank you all again.

Tracey
I’m glad you’re sorted but it’s bad form that you had to chase the owner as they should have told you that they were selling

As soon as they knew they were they should have contacted all their upcoming guests

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Glad you're now sorted. I hope there aren't any other dibbers who have booked and haven't been informed.
Old 10 Jan 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellegirl8
Earning More Ears

I feel for you. We just had the same issue with an Airbnb property! I found out it was sold by my own research too. We did get all our deposit back and now we are suddenly staying on site at the contemporary! How did that happen! 😬😬 Glad you are all sorted now 👍

Edited at 10:28 PM. Reason: Add info
Bellegirl8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Deposit now returned and safely in my bank account.

Apparently they had only taken one other booking apart from mine. It's just frustrating that they hadn't been honest from the start. If they had told me they were going to sell then at least I could have made an informed decision on whether I booked or not.

It would have been interesting to see how long it did take for them to tell me

Anyway, it hasn't put me off booking another Dibb villa and we have got another one booked. Looking forward to lots of planning

Thank you all again.

Tracey x
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Good to hear you have got it sorted. As I said previously the DIBB villa we booked was sold and we were not informed. However it made no difference to us. The villa was still available for us with absolutely no problems. It hasn't put me off booking a DIBB villa in the future infact for me it would be my first choice. However I can still understand why you say you wouldn't.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Good to hear you have got it sorted. As I said previously the DIBB villa we booked was sold and we were not informed. However it made no difference to us. The villa was still available for us with absolutely no problems. It hasn't put me off booking a DIBB villa in the future infact for me it would be my first choice. However I can still understand why you say you wouldn't.

Hi, I definitely will book another Dibb Villa and I already have. As yourself, it would still be my first choice.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List