Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Day Five - Magic Kingdom & 1900 Park Fare

The alarm woke me for the first time this holiday today! Dan woke not long after me and we packed the last of our bits for our move to the condo and sorted out what we needed for the day. Leah woke around half 7 so she got dressed and walked down with Dan to use some snack credits to keep us going until breakfast. They got a cinnamon bun and a chocolate croissant for us all to share.

I woke Ellie at around 8 and got her ready to go and we were ready to leave by 8.30. We arrived at MK at 8.50 and parked in Simba 113, as we parked I asked if everyone had there magic band. Ellie replied no! It must have come off in bed or something as I’d pretty much checked the whole room for anything we might have forgotten.

We got on the tram and did bag check and we headed to the ticket window to ask what we should do. He was really helpful and easily sorted it for us and transferred all her FP’s etc to a card. Once this was sorted we were ready to go and jumped on the monorail over. We could see vultures circling over tomorrowland as the monorail pulled in - they looked huge!

Once we were through the ticket scanners we used the restrooms next to city hall and applied our suncream – it felt hot already! Leah wanted her picture taken with Walt & Minnie on the bench.

I knew Snow White started meeting at half 9 so we hung around for a bit and we were first in the que. Leah asked her what was her favourite animal and Ellie asked who her favourite dwarf was. She said she couldn’t possibly choose just one - she loved them all! I love that they are building up there confidence to have conversations with the characters now!

We then had a FP booked for Tink so headed across – we stopped briefly to watch the main street performers.

Tink had a 25 minute standby wait. This was a brilliant meet, Leah asked her favourite place to fly too – she said somewhere in pixie hollow (although I can’t remember what it was called). Tink didn’t stop talking, even Leah who chatters non-stop said when we came out wow she talks a lot! She talked about her sister Periwinkle and asked if the girls had ever seen snow – they had and she asked if they had ever caught snowflakes on their tongue – and they all had a photo with their tongues out.

When we left Tink we popped into the confectionary shop and we used 2 snack credits to get the kids a tub of candyfloss each. These were meant to be 5.49 each.

We obviously had to try a little bit before breakfast! Dan was debating getting a coffee from starbucks as we walked past – the que was out the door but I wanted the you are here mug so I made him get in line while we waited outside.

As we were waiting the Move It, Shake It parade came past – it was nice to see the characters and the girls enjoyed waving at them all.

Our breakfast was booked at 10.25 and the que seemed to be taking forever! Luckily he came out at 25 past and we ran over to Crystal Palace and checked in. At least you can see the castle while you wait here.

We waited about 10 minutes for our table to be ready and then were seated on the left hand side right by the buffet. We saw our server from 2 years ago was still working there! I went up to get Ellie some food as she said she was starving and typically missed Piglet!

Dan managed to get a nice picture for me though. It was a while then before the next characters so we all loaded up on food.

Leah's Plate

Ellie's Plate

Mine!

While we were eating Eeyore and Pooh came round.

Bear Hug

We couldn’t see Tigger so we all went for seconds. I had Mickey Waffles!

It took Tigger ages to get to us. They were finishing up breakfast so brought round the bill which was 129.93 + tip. We used 4 TS credits. Our server made it clear that they were in no hurry to get us out and we were obviously welcome to stay for Tigger who would be round shortly. We weren’t really in any hurry as it was pouring outside but Ellie had started to get grumpy with the waiting. We had a couple more drinks but by the time Tigger came round she refused to meet him! Luckily Tigger was good humoured and had good fun with her anyway and Leah was pleased to see him!

The rain had eased off slightly by the time we came out so we headed to Tomorrowland and on Buzz Lightyear to get inside. Leah got 11,800 and I got 29,300 – rubbish scores! I prefer TSM!

Next we had a FP booked for Rapunzel & Tiana meet so we headed to Fantasyland. I love Tiana’s New Orleans accent!

Leah wanted to ride Splash Mountain next so we headed to Adventureland – Ellie didn’t want to ride so Dan and Leah went on. Me & Ellie found a shady spot and she filmed herself and me on my phone – the videos are mostly her chattering on and videoing her feet but I can’t bring myself to delete them I’m sure they will be lovely to look back on when she is older. When Dan and Leah got back she had loved it, they had got front row which Leah was over the moon about.

Next we had a 7 dwarves FP booked. We did a lot of criss crossing the park today! Me and Leah got front row! She was on a roll today – I was nervous about this but it wasn’t as bad as I thought (much better than our back row experience later in the holiday!)

Then we used our last snack credits. I got a Peter Pan Float – this was delicious and so refreshing. Dan had a fudge sundae, Ellie had a vanilla cone and Leah just had a sprite. We also got a bottle of water to share – total should have been 24.76.

We sat on the wall outside storybook treats and ate this and saw the stepsisters meeting. We had dinner booked at 1900 Park Fare tonight so we didn’t bother queuing.

Once we’d finished we headed to the exit and got the monorail back.

There was a tram waiting so we hopped on. In the car we put Walmart on Vineland Road in the sat nav which was right by where our condo was and headed to stock up on supplies. We spent 170 dollars in total but this did include dinners, snacks, breakfast bits, chocolates, oreos and Ellie got another doorable set and Leah got some Harry Potter stationary and some puzzles. Dan got some trainer socks too. We didn’t need to do another big shop again so I guess this wasn’t too bad. Once we’d finished and checked out (there was a woman in the check out in front who brought 800 dollars worth of clothes – talk about picking the wrong checkout! ) we drove the short 5 minute drive to the villa.

I had been nervous about this because I had booked through homeaway.co.uk and had been having nightmares of being scammed but we gave our name and showed our ID and they gave us a parking pass and let us through. WOO! We unloaded our suitcases and shopping and unlocked the door, it felt huge! We had been used to staying in one hotel room so I suppose anything would have felt bigger but I struggled to sleep that first night because the kids felt so far away from me I was worrying they would wake in the night and I wouldn’t hear them.

I quickly unpacked any shopping that needed to go in the fridge and headed back out again just after 5 for our reservation at the Floridian. I love this hotel!

We got to the Grand Floridian at 5.30 for our 5.40 reservation and waited a few minutes before being called. There was a family there with a little girl and they all had t-shirts with 'In loving memory of' and a name and a recent date. The little girl with them was having her photo taken holding a picture of another young girl. It absolutely broke my heart – life can be so cruel sometimes. I squeezed both my girls tighter that night and was thankful we were there together.

We were seated close to the buffet again and our server came over and introduced herself and took our drinks order. I had a raspberry pina colada and it was amazing!

Cinderella came over straight after our server had been.

Prince Charming was right behind her and came over straight after.

Ellie wouldnt have her picture taken with the men.

We went up to the buffet then and grabbed some food. Lady Tremaine came over shortly afterwards and was brillant in character – I think the girls were intimidated by her. She made the girls ask her to sign there autograph books – Ellie especially tends to just hold them out!

Drisicilla came over and asked what we liked best about her – the girls faces were hilarious it was a completely different meet to what they were used to and they weren’t sure what to expect from them. It was fantastic though - I love the stepsisters.

Anastacia came round not long after and asked Leah if she had found a husband in England, when she said no she asked if she knew what sort of man she wanted and if she was gonna catch him in a net when she did find him. Leah just didn’t know what to say!

I had a headache coming by this point so had forgotten to take food pictures but Dan had steak and said it was the best he had ever had. He went back three times. I really enjoyed the food here and our server was brilliant. I would definitely come again – maybe for breakfast next time. The choice of puddings was lovely – key lime pie, cheesecake, carrot cake and some pastry horn filled with chocolate. The restaurant was a lot smaller and felt more intimate than I expected which was definitely a good thing. Bill came to 212.74 and we used our last 4 TS credits.

We left at about 7 and the traffic was heavy so it took a while to get home now we were out of the Disney bubble. I was a bit disheartened driving home knowing we weren’t going back to the Boardwalk. We were all tired when we got back but I let Leah do some lego until about 8 then me and Dan watched Family Feud in our room. I finally did some washing so we had some clean clothes again and Dan made us a cup of tea – it wasn’t long before we were asleep.

Rides/Attractions – 3
Characters – 13
12,487 steps (9.13km)
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great day. We loved 1900 PF meal too, the interaction with the characters was some of the best we’ve ever had. Especially as we were two adults, they still found plenty to say to us and made the experience fun. The sisters were so funny 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

1900 Park Fare looks great👍 We did it years ago when it was a Villains Character Meal.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Well done on getting to day 5 before a lost magic band

How lovely the girls started to engage with the characters

I said the same about Tink I thought it was just us but when I posted on a group they confirmed it's pretty normal for her haha. Her throat must hurt after a shift!

We always found the Starbucks on Main Street heaving, I think the only time it wasn't was our first day when we weren't paying attention and were rushing to our early morning BoG reservation, it's madness as it's only Starbucks, nothing special!

Aww poor Ellie! It's good that he still interacted with her though.

$800 on clothes ... wow!

That condo looks lovely, never heard of homeaway though, might have to check it out.

Another lovely day, shame about the headache at the end though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Another great day. We loved 1900 PF meal too, the interaction with the characters was some of the best we’ve ever had. Especially as we were two adults, they still found plenty to say to us and made the experience fun. The sisters were so funny 😂
It was brilliant wasn't it - really great characters! I'm glad you enjoyed it too

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
1900 Park Fare looks great👍 We did it years ago when it was a Villains Character Meal.
Oh wow a villian's character meal sounds fab! wish they would bring it back!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Well done on getting to day 5 before a lost magic band

How lovely the girls started to engage with the characters

I said the same about Tink I thought it was just us but when I posted on a group they confirmed it's pretty normal for her haha. Her throat must hurt after a shift!

We always found the Starbucks on Main Street heaving, I think the only time it wasn't was our first day when we weren't paying attention and were rushing to our early morning BoG reservation, it's madness as it's only Starbucks, nothing special!

Aww poor Ellie! It's good that he still interacted with her though.

$800 on clothes ... wow!

That condo looks lovely, never heard of homeaway though, might have to check it out.

Another lovely day, shame about the headache at the end though xx
I suppose it was always going to happen with kids

Haha it must do! She didn't stop - but was fab and exactly how you would have imagined tink to be!

I know I couldn't believe how busy it was - thought it was just a one off as we hadn't paid much attention before but maybe it wasn't!

It was so amazing! Its a bit like air bnb - they had loads of choice! xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Where was your villa? were you in a good location. i use homeaway all the time and have just used them to book a house on anna maria island on our next trip.Am enjoying your trippie thanks for posting xx
LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Where was your villa? were you in a good location. i use homeaway all the time and have just used them to book a house on anna maria island on our next trip.Am enjoying your trippie thanks for posting xx
Thank you for reading It was on Storey Lake - its fairly new and they were still doing some building while we were there. It's off West Osceola Parkway where you can join where the Lake Buena Vista Outlets are. If that makes any sense lol! I was really pleased with the location - most days it took 15 minutes to get to the parks and traffic was never too bad so I would definitely stay there again.

Ah have you, amazing! It looks lovely there! Enjoy! I was really impressed - easy to use and would definitely use them again! xx