Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully we’ll be ok all going up together 🤞🏼
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If the queues are long to get through Immigration (we are flying last weekend of June so expect it to be busy) are there water fountains and loos in the queue area? Thinking of my 7 year olds who will no doubt be tired, thirsty and will ask to use the loo if we wait more than 30 mins.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully we’ll be ok all going up together 🤞🏼
You're probably quicker going up separately. My parents went up right behind us and already had all of our bags before we were done!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
You're probably quicker going up separately. My parents went up right behind us and already had all of our bags before we were done!
Wow, that was good going. We fly tomorrow so I’m hoping a Wednesday will be quieter. Wishful thinking hey 😂
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Do you still get sent for a second scan if you have any kind of food? That can add on a good 15 minutes.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Do you still get sent for a second scan if you have any kind of food? That can add on a good 15 minutes.
Do they scan for teabags? That’s all we’ll have.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Not always. We regularly have a box of cereal and only once have been sent for a second scan.
That added what must have been 2 minutes as the bag went through a machine and we were done !
Old 23 Jan 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

For those going up together, I am sure they vary the rules to put people on edge...if you're up to anything dodgy it's likely to throw you off your rehearsed calmness. If you're legit, you're just going to be confused, so do as instructed. "Sorry we're idiot tourists" and "thank you for helping us" go quite far !

We took our respective nephews (minors) who both have their own surnames and lived with our respective sisters. Couple that with our daughter and not having married and our record is 5 people from 3 addresses, with 4 surnames as one group.
Old 23 Jan 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Have only had the cases scanned at customs about 5 times in 35 or so visits. It took about 2 minutes to put the case on the machine and collect it.

Actually we haven't seen a customs desk anyway in maybe the last half dozen visits.

Mick
Old 23 Jan 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Do they scan for teabags? That’s all we’ll have.
When asked if you have food just say yes "only tea bags" the likelihood of being scanned is minimal.

Mick