Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jan 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Alamo MCO Car collection

Just completed my on-line check in and printed off voucher (albeit was not asked for any credit/debit card details).

Not flown into MCO before (always Sanford) so just after a little bit of advise.

Aware that on-line check in helps you 'skip the counter' - but where exactly do I need to go and what more is required from me when I collect the car ?

I'm guessing the should be the last port of call once I've got the rest of my party and cases together ?
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When you say "printed the voucher" do you mean the piece of paper with a bar code in the top right corner? If so that, your D/L and CC is all you need. Alamo do accept a debit card so long as it bears a Visa or Mastercard logo.

When arriving off the monorail from the gates you can choose to go to side A or B garage. MCO is basically a symmetrical mirror image with car garages bot sides.

If you arrive on a direct UK flight you will land at gates 70-99 on monorail 4 side B. Side B is therefore marginally closer but you can go to A if you like.

Go down to road level and cross the road to the multi-storey garage. All the companies are clearly signed. Go to the row that you've paid for, pick a car and drive to the barrier and present your bar code, D/L and CC. Simple as that.

You can choose to pre-pay for fuel at the barrier if you like and return the car empty.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Just to add that one of you can go ahead and pick the car so long as you tell the rest of the party which garage you're heading for.

All drivers need to present their D/L at the barrier and I wouldn't suggest you try to drive through the barrier and meet the rest of your party on the roads outside.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, the one with the bar code on the top right hand corner.

Thanks for info.
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Here's a plan of MCO to get your bearings. The roads immediately around MCO are a complete gyratory system. If you leave from garage B you will be very near the 417 south exit. If you leave from garage A you'll be near the 528 north exit. Depends where your destination is.

If you miss your exit just drive round and try again. Google map MCO and zoom in.

orlandoairports/getting-around-mco/

Mick
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizr
Trading Disney Pins

So you don’t need to use the self-service kiosk then? The DFCH website gives a walk-through of how to use the kiosk as well as a walk-through of online check-in, so I assumed we will need to do both?
lizr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by lizr View Post
So you don’t need to use the self-service kiosk then? The DFCH website gives a walk-through of how to use the kiosk as well as a walk-through of online check-in, so I assumed we will need to do both?
Never seen any kiosks at MCO. I think they may have them at SFB but we haven't flown into there for over 10 years.

If Andy spots this thread I'm sure that he'll qualify his walk-through.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

As you approach the Alamo garage, you will see Alamo staff waiting to assist. I make point of showing them the voucher and getting them to show me to the row of cars.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We normally get directed to the a side after monorail.down the stairs and through a tunnel. Then it's fairly obvious the Alamo garage counter/staff. If the Alamo hire was via virgin hols you walk past the Alamo staff to the virgin kiosk who look at the paper work then point at the row to choose you vehicle.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lizr
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Never seen any kiosks at MCO. I think they may have them at SFB but we haven't flown into there for over 10 years.

If Andy spots this thread I'm sure that he'll qualify his walk-through.

Mick
I saw the self-service machines when we were there two years ago. They are by the Alamo counter. But if you go straight to the garage, then you wouldn’t see them!
lizr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List