Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My oh has seborrheic dermatitis and sounds a bit like this. He gets it on his beard and eyebrows as well(not eyelashes though so lucky). Started on his head, seems like scabs but doesn’t bleed if that makes sense. I ended up getting a shampoo called sebamed from amazon after seeing a buzzfeed article with a dermatologist recommending stuff. It’s working great so far. When we are on hols somewhere warm it doesn’t actually bother him to much, the sun and heat seems to help a lot!
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Ring your gp and ask for betnovate lotion amazing stuff cleared mine up very quickly and the relief when it’s put on is amazing although des sting a bit at first.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I sympathise entirely - I was exactly the same!

I also switched to the soak and float shampoo bar from lush and I can only say it made things worse for me.

I used Nizoral shampoo twice a week for a couple of weeks, and then now use once fortnightly and use head and shoulders for the inbetween washes. My scalp has cleared up 100%. No flakes, scabs or itchiness at all. Nizoral is a medicated shampoo for dandruff and I would honestly recommend it. It’s also odourless unlike most others.

X x
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all for the replies.

Will have a look at some of the options.

Don’t want to bother my gp but will see a pharmacist if needed
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyStacey View Post
I sympathise entirely - I was exactly the same!

I also switched to the soak and float shampoo bar from lush and I can only say it made things worse for me.

I used Nizoral shampoo twice a week for a couple of weeks, and then now use once fortnightly and use head and shoulders for the inbetween washes. My scalp has cleared up 100%. No flakes, scabs or itchiness at all. Nizoral is a medicated shampoo for dandruff and I would honestly recommend it. It’s also odourless unlike most others.

X x
I feel like the lush bar has made it worse too although I do love the feel of my hair after I’ve used it and it keeps my hair clean for ages. I’ve only been washing it once a week when using it
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
I feel like the lush bar has made it worse too although I do love the feel of my hair after I’ve used it and it keeps my hair clean for ages. I’ve only been washing it once a week when using it
I loved it so much, I really tried to stick with it. Loved using a bar too rather than regular bottled shampoo, but it just did me no favours. I would literally pick scabs from my scalp and every time I touched my hair, flakes would fall down.

I know how constantly self conscious I was, and it was really horrible.

I haven’t looked back since changing though and it really has improved things massively. Totally scab and flake free now.

Xx
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Long times ago I had it

I used T-Gel Shampoo and it work for me but I cannot change to any shampoo. I stay with T-Gel Shampoo which is great. You can buy it from Boots as its not cheap.

I do remember when I brushed my hairs or it went flake down on my shoulders which was so horrible. Now its gone.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for this thread. I have the same problem - to a lesser extent than how you describe yours but I can’t stand this tight itchy scalp !

I’ll have a look at some of these suggestions. Xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Thanks all for the replies.

Will have a look at some of the options.

Don’t want to bother my gp but will see a pharmacist if needed
if i were you, i'd be going to the GP...

for years i tried all sorts of different stuff (mostly shampoo) - none of which made a difference. at first i started with over the counter stuff like t-gel, but after wasting a lot of money and effort, if anything it was getting worse.

eventually the doctor prescribed some betamethasone scalp application, and it does wonders. now, whenever i have a flare up, i get a couple of bottles from the chemist (i have it on repeat prescription) and within a couple of weeks it's gone again for upto 6 months
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Either TGel or Jasons

if you can get both and alternate. TGel Boots and Costco sell and Jasons you will get in Holland and Barret

if these don't help go to your GP and ask for sebco. we leave it on for a while then wash off

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List