Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Dec 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As you say a good birthday for Andy

Joan
A very good birthday for Andy. We are back in WDW for my birthday next year so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for mine!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
We're not staying on site but we are planning Magic Kingdom for my husband's birthday on our next trip. I might even "let" him win on Buzz Lightyear as a birthday treat
Haha - I'm all heart, "letting" Andy win. Hope your husband has a great day - it really is the best place to spend a birthday.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day.

Love how you blitzed MK and made the most of Extra Magic Hours. The ride photos from Buzz - both of you and your new extended family members are great, it's the look of concentration everyone has!

Perfect lounging spot in the hub, i'd certainly be jealous of the blue skies and that castle view.

Does it take a long time to travel everywhere to/from Animal Kingdom? You have noted your bus trips were quite long? I've been considering it but it seems like it was a bit of a hassle for some trips?

I do love a good Christmassy small, so will remember the Sanaa loos and avoid the BOG bogs. Apparently the Tangled restrooms are nice but we didn't need to go while in the vicinity so 'missed out'.

The bread service look delicious, will have to give it a go. Shame about the butter chicken though as that's one of my faves at home.

I thin i'd be similarly disappointed with the safari, seems like a lot of money for not a lot of time, but being up close to the animals looks amazing.

All in all, a great birthday. Thanks for sharing!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
What a great day.

Love how you blitzed MK and made the most of Extra Magic Hours. The ride photos from Buzz - both of you and your new extended family members are great, it's the look of concentration everyone has!

Perfect lounging spot in the hub, i'd certainly be jealous of the blue skies and that castle view.

Does it take a long time to travel everywhere to/from Animal Kingdom? You have noted your bus trips were quite long? I've been considering it but it seems like it was a bit of a hassle for some trips?

I do love a good Christmassy small, so will remember the Sanaa loos and avoid the BOG bogs. Apparently the Tangled restrooms are nice but we didn't need to go while in the vicinity so 'missed out'.

The bread service look delicious, will have to give it a go. Shame about the butter chicken though as that's one of my faves at home.

I thin i'd be similarly disappointed with the safari, seems like a lot of money for not a lot of time, but being up close to the animals looks amazing.

All in all, a great birthday. Thanks for sharing!
This was probably the best EMH we had all trip. It wasn’t yet busy for Thanksgiving and heading to Tomorrowland rather than Fantasyland worked really well for us.

I don’t want to ruin the surprise but the Tangled restrooms are a lot better on the outside than on the inside. They get a lot of traffic so, erm, aren’t the cleanest.

I was disappointed with the butter chicken but the bread service made up for it. I think when you read as many Disney reviews as I do, you tend to fall for a lot of the hype and sadly some food items, or restaurants as a whole, just don’t live up to it.

Well I’ve certainly never got that close to a giraffe before. I wanted to give it a cuddle. Pesky health & safety.

Thanks, as ever, for reading!
Old 29 Dec 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

When they started opening Main Street at 8am they did initially offer extra breakfast options (Casey's and The Plaza) but I think they've discontinued them now, which is a shame, as more choice is always good!

Ooo the new MK Starbucks mug is pretty, I love the colours, but I refuse to buy the new set as I've no space!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
When they started opening Main Street at 8am they did initially offer extra breakfast options (Casey's and The Plaza) but I think they've discontinued them now, which is a shame, as more choice is always good!

Ooo the new MK Starbucks mug is pretty, I love the colours, but I refuse to buy the new set as I've no space!
That’s right - now I remember reading something about a Casey’s breakfast. We found the same at AK, very limited options. It’s no wonder Starbucks is always so rammed as it’s usually the first place you come to in a park.

We didn’t have room either but it didn’t stop me. They’re stacked precariously as 3-high and 3-deep in a cupboard. I think we’ll just have to move house, haha.
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kl_belle
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

What a lovely second day. Love how chilled your holiday sounds so far. Shame about Sanaa not making a bigger deal of Andy on such a special birthday though! Totally agree with you on the Minnie ears - mine bothered me too and mostly just came out for photos!

So pleased we're not the only ones who mishear the Splash Mountain song at the end ha ha!
kl_belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kl_belle View Post
What a lovely second day. Love how chilled your holiday sounds so far. Shame about Sanaa not making a bigger deal of Andy on such a special birthday though! Totally agree with you on the Minnie ears - mine bothered me too and mostly just came out for photos!

So pleased we're not the only ones who mishear the Splash Mountain song at the end ha ha!
It was a very chilled holiday until Thanksgiving really got going. We certainly weren’t going at the usual million miles an hour on this trip!

There’s a market there for people who find the usual ears painful, or, like me, just have a large head.
Old 1 Jan 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Mobile

Love Andy's t-shirt! Despite pee and nappies you both had a good day.

I always fancied the safari but the cost put me off, will have a think about it as I fancy doing it for my 40th birthday trip later this year.

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Love Andy's t-shirt! Despite pee and nappies you both had a good day.

I always fancied the safari but the cost put me off, will have a think about it as I fancy doing it for my 40th birthday trip later this year.
He does sport the odd good tshirt. I’ll let him know - he isn’t on the Dibb but does like to know peoples comments.

Wrap up warm if you do decide to do the safari!