Notices

Old 17 Sep 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Well if anyone says don’t google something, of course I’m going to!
A really great trip, some amazing memories there.
Hope your jacket is ok
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just read in one go! Another great adventure. Thank you for sharing. Any future plans?

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

First of all - the good news was the stain came out! Thank goodness as I really didn’t want to contact the guy as he had been very generous offering to replace it!

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Have loved reading your reports and it's made me excited for our trip in May! Lots of tips to take with me Thanks for taking the time to write.
Thanks for reading along! I love looking back on the reports!

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I too have loved reading your report - we are also nearing the end of our New England adventure (currently sat in our Mystic,Connecticut overnight hotel room, before moving to cape cod tomorrow for our last five nights).

thanks so much for posting and I hope the jet lag clears up really soon!
I hope you really enjoyed your trip too!

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
Have really enjoyed reading your reports thank you for sharing
Thanks Michelle!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As usual a great trip report Mel thank you for once again taking the time out of your holiday to do it.
Hope you manage to get the stain out of your jacket

Joan
Thank you Joan for reading and replying. It wouldn’t be the same without you!

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Another great trippie Mel. Hope you manage to sort your jacket - can imagine it feels a bit awkward to contact him.

Surely we must have someone on the Dibb who can suggest something. It might be worth putting a post in general chat where more people might see it.
Thank Jo

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah what a shame about your jacket . Busy last day but sounds like it went as well as they can and your airport meals sound lovely.
We have shout stain spray that we buy in Walmart or stain devils that work wonders on grease . Hope you can sort it

Another fab trip. Loved reading along x
Thank you too Looking forward to hearing about Dubai!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A brach visit on your last day, brilliant. The airport food looked nice and I agree was reasonably priced. Your flights sound straight forward with no hiccups other than the nightmare on your new jacket. At least the guy has offered to sort it for you.

Another fab trip report, thanks for sharing with us again.
Thanks Jackie - it as a great holiday despite the initial hiccups!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Shame you didn’t get to see the lighthouse, the beach does look fab. I hope you get the stain out but I find oil a bit of a nightmare, it was nice that he gave you his card so perhaps you need to let him make amends!
Thank you for reading along!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Well if anyone says don’t google something, of course I’m going to!
A really great trip, some amazing memories there.
Hope your jacket is ok
We were quite shocked by the googling

Thanks for reading along!

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Just read in one go! Another great adventure. Thank you for sharing. Any future plans?

M x
Future plans - it is a difficult year as O has his Bac and F her Brevet (=gcses). So there are mocks all over the place!

Christmas - we may drive to Andorra to ski if there is snow (we only live 3h away!)

Summer - Italy has been discussed though O is keen on Peru! It depends where he gets accepted for uni a bit!

I am working on a solo trip and also trying to persuade my boss I need another French course...

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

what a wonderful trip, really enjoyed reading it! Looking forward to more in the future!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
what a wonderful trip, really enjoyed reading it! Looking forward to more in the future!

Next is Argentina with just O! Then Quebec City in April! Summer is still undecided!

Index of my trip reports
Old 31 Oct 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post

Next is Argentina with just O! Then Quebec City in April! Summer is still undecided!
Lucky you! Argentina and Quebec are both places I'd like to visit so I will keep my eyes open for the reports!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Just had a lovely evening reading your full report. Great trip and I’m also impressed by the meals your children are cooking, I think perhaps I need to start to get my kids to do a bit more!
Going to have a look at your other TR’s now!
Old 30 Dec 18, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Just had a lovely evening reading your full report. Great trip and I’m also impressed by the meals your children are cooking, I think perhaps I need to start to get my kids to do a bit more!
Going to have a look at your other TR’s now!
Thank you! F cooks a lot, O less so! He prefers the eating part

Index of my trip reports