Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 12 Oct 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

:) Itinerary taking shape, please take a look

Hi,

What do you think of this? We are travelling May 2019 with the middle weekend being memorial weekend. We are 2 ad, 2 ch 7 and 4

Thanks

1 - Arrive and tea at hotel (POFQ)
2 - Breakfast at Crystal Palace, MK until tired, pool, tea at hotel (maybe Riverside)
3- Animal Kingdom, dinner at Restaurantosaurus, tea at TRex Cafe at DS
4 - Pool AM, Garden Grill dinner, EPCOT, tea and Sunshine Seasons, Illuminations
5 - Park Fare brekkie, Typhoon Lagoon AM, HS PM, tea at hotel
6 - Ohana brekkie, HS, Mama Melrose tea, Fantasmic
7 - Pool AM, Chef Mickey's, MK PM, snack for tea at hotel
8 - Move to villa, supermarket, Kissimee car cruise
9 - iHop/Denny's brekkie, shopping, villa tea (Memorial Sundau)
10 - Kennedy
11 - Universal, dinner at Three Broomsticks, tea at Cicis
12 - IOA, dinner at Green Eggs and Ham
13 - Pool AM, EPCOT PM, tea at Olive Garden
14 - iHop/Denny's brekkie, kids' choice AM, MK PM, Happily Ever After
15 - Check in DS, kids' choice of park for a few hours, home
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

First question, have you been before?
With a 7 and 4 year old, breakfast to Fantasmic in the parks looks too ambitious to me.
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

I have but the children haven't. Yes that day does seem rather ambitious, I missed that! Might need to rethink that day somehow or miss Fantasmic. It's a tricky balance to fit as much as we can in without tiring the children too much.

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charl_bb View Post
I have but the children haven't. Yes that day does seem rather ambitious, I missed that! Might need to rethink that day somehow or miss Fantasmic. It's a tricky balance to fit as much as we can in without tiring the children too much.
To give you an idea, my kids, seasoned park travellers since babies, couldn't hope to do that and my youngest is now 11.
I'd suggest aiming for a return to hotel early afternoon if in for breakfast.
If doing Fantasmic, in for the afternoon after a morning around the pool.
I've learnt less is sometimes more. Especially when they are really young like yours, they will become miserable and you will not have a good time. Don't try to pack too much in.
We went in at 2 I think this year the day when we saw Fantasmic (and we were in Boardwalk so it was only 10 mins walk), and my son wanted to go home before it started, only me and my 14 year old daughter stayed for it.
Also book any ADRs for 5pm. Asking them to stay up with time difference, particularly early on, they'll be well ready to eat by 5, and you still won't be finished until 6-7.

Edited at 10:02 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Two bits of advice.

As soon as the kids get tired, leave the park. You can go back if they get a second wind but trying to push through is seldom successful and can end in misery.

Two, if your kids are like most and early risers, get to the park for opening or EMH and get as much as you can done before the crowds roll in towards noon. I would have a quick breakfast in the room and not waste a lot of park time eating.

Also character breakfasts can be quite disappointing (and are pretty expensive) especially oif you have a child who doesn't ike the characters up close and personal.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looking at your plan the first thing that came to my mind is do you have to do Universal ? You may find your children are too young or not tall enough for most of the rides. Days 8 and 9 are what I would consider as rest days ( I couldn’t shop for a whole day !) I would have spread your rest days out and to be honest skip Universal. Your children wouldn’t be as tired then. Your children are the perfect age for Disney! If you are worried about it being Memorial Day we barely noticed it any busier in the parks.

Hope you enjoy all your planning !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Be a real shame for them to miss Fantasmic. Can’t you go to the park in the morning then go back for a rest and return just for the show. Good you then have the pool down for the following morning

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm finding it a real challenge to work out where to go when without too much coming and going from parks but I think I really need to rethink a way to seeing Fantasmic.
We are 100% prepared to chuck any plan out of the window when tiredness takes over, I've tried to plan my days so we do most things in the morning and eat diner out (ie the meal in the middle of the day) and most late afternoon and evenings be at the hotel/villa. We eat tea fairly early anyways so most evenings we'll all be back in the hotel or villa in our PJs by 6:30ish hopefully!
The middle weekend is two days of 'rest' really as we won't spend all that long shopping and ideally I would have spread my rest days out more but looking at crowd calendars I thought it best to avoid the parks on Memorial weekend. Maybe I'm wrong though, I've never been at that time of year.
Universal... I keep wondering about this however the kids want to go to Seuss Landing and there's no way on this earth I am missing Harry Potter. Maybe they can do one day at Universal and I can have a day there myself whilst my husband has a day off with them?! Wishful thinking...

I really appreciate all this advise and will really think about everyone's suggestions. Any more tips or suggestions are most welcome!
Old 13 Oct 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I would change this to :
Park mornings after breakfast till about 2pm
pool time 2.30-5pm
Park and dinner from 6pm till tired..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm finding it a real challenge to work out where to go when without too much coming and going from parks but I think I really need to rethink a way to seeing Fantasmic.
We are 100% prepared to chuck any plan out of the window when tiredness takes over, I've tried to plan my days so we do most things in the morning and eat diner out (ie the meal in the middle of the day) and most late afternoon and evenings be at the hotel/villa. We eat tea fairly early anyways so most evenings we'll all be back in the hotel or villa in our PJs by 6:30ish hopefully!
The middle weekend is two days of 'rest' really as we won't spend all that long shopping and ideally I would have spread my rest days out more but looking at crowd calendars I thought it best to avoid the parks on Memorial weekend. Maybe I'm wrong though, I've never been at that time of year.
Universal... I keep wondering about this however the kids want to go to Seuss Landing and there's no way on this earth I am missing Harry Potter. Maybe they can do one day at Universal and I can have a day there myself whilst my husband has a day off with them?! Wishful thinking...

I really appreciate all this advise and will really think about everyone's suggestions. Any more tips or suggestions are most welcome!
Think my final tip would be not to take on board lots of tips, comments and views...
Actually your itinerary looks great. One or two minor suggestions to help - so bank that and go for it, otherwise you will end up tying yourself in knots ! You will undoubtedly change a bit when you are out there anyway.
Have fun !

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List