Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Day Six - Blizzard Beach

I woke up at about 5.30 today – I literally could not sleep in this holiday although I think being in a new place didn’t help. I downloaded the photopass pictures to the Ipad and caught up with some trip notes while I waited for the others to get up. It was nice to get up without feeling like I was going to wake everyone else.

Leah woke around 7 and did some Lego, while I pottered around doing washing. Dan woke at around 9 and I eventually gave in and woke Ellie at 9.45. We were going to Blizzard Beach today so we had a quieter day but typically it was cloudier and windier than it had been all week! It probably wasn’t really water park weather but it shut for the winter season tomorrow and the girls were desperate to try it as it had been closed on our last trip.

We left at 10.20 and arrived at 10.35 – despite being off Disney property now we weren’t too far away. The car park wasn’t busy at all and we parked easily.

We scanned our magic bands and grabbed some sunbeds next to the children’s pool. We made sure we got some in the shade in case it got hot later but we needn’t have worried. The kids wanted to get straight into Tike’s Peak and do the slides and zip wire. I told them they had to wear life jackets just to put my mind at rest. They can both swim and are confident but Ellie especially is still quite little and I worry! Anyway Leah was fine about this but Ellie had a bit of a strop. She said everyone would laugh at her. It made me so sad that she was so conscious of this already at just 5 She watched Leah go down a couple of times and then decided she would wear one and joined her.

While we were watching them Dan decided to go off and do summit plummet in case the ques got longer later. Again, we needn’t have worried! When he came back he said he'd seen the family raft ride – Teamboat Springs. So we all headed there.

You can see for miles up here! We could see Tower of Terror & Everest.

Ellie screamed the whole way but came off and said she loved it and wanted to go again.

Leah loved the giant Mickey at the end.

I’d kept my dress on because I was self conscious about being in a bikini and it got soaked – that will teach me to care what other people think! (Reading this back I'm sure I know where Ellie gets her self-consciousness from!) So I went back to the sunbeds and hung it up while Dan took the girls on the lazy river. I was meant to meet them but the lazy river was huge and I had no chance, it ended up with me wandering around for ages. In the end I gave up and went back to the sunbed.

They eventually found me and it had clouded over even more so we ate some of our picnic. We had brought a cheese and cracker platter from Walmart and some crisps. It was more than enough to keep us going.

I was freezing by now and Ellie didn’t want to get back in so we sat and had a cuddle and sung some songs together while Dan and Leah went off to do some exploring. They were gone quite a while and when they came back they said they had ridden the cable car to the top and rode Teamboat Springs again twice. Ellie decided then she wanted another go on it so we walked back up and all did it again together. Dan wanted another go on summit plummet so we waited at the bottom and recorded his speed – he got 42mph! There were only about 3 people before him.

After this the kids rode the smaller dinghy rides and played in Tikes Peak again - not surprisingly it didn’t feel busy at all today. This was a bonus but it did feel really chilly! The kids had a quick splash in the wave pool but the clouds were getting thicker and I was so cold! Leah and Dan ran off to quickly do a couple more slides while me and Ellie got dressed as I wanted to pop to Vineland Outlets. They were eventually done and we headed back to the car for the outlets.

This was a big mistake! It was a Saturday afternoon about 3pm and there was no where to park! We ended up paying 10 dollars and it was absolutely rammed. The Disney outlet que was huge and I left without even looking, especially as we were going to I-Drive outlets tomorrow anyway. We did have a look in a couple of shops and I got a jumper from Superdry and Dan got a towel. I got a Michael Kors bag for 99 dollars – they didn’t have the same discount at I-Drive the following day so I guess it was lucky we went here too.

Then we headed back to the condo via the scenic route! As Storey Lake hasn’t been built long it wasn’t on our sat nav and we weren’t really using our phones out here. We ended up going through 2 unnecessary toll roads but we made it in the end. I put Monsters Inc on when we got back for the kids and I had a bath while Dan cooked us some fajitas. It was nice to have a chilled out evening ahead of us. I bathed both the kids and they watched monsters university in bed while we watched some more family feud. We were all asleep again by 10!

10,922 steps (8.55km)
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Nice bag👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I'd have been the same with Ellie, especially in the water parks as they're so huge aren't they. Sounds like Teamboat Springs was a big hit, that's an amazing view

What a lovely chilled day. I love the MK bag it's lovely, sure it's one I debated too such a shame it was busy, we went on a Saturday too but it wasn't too bad, however, we were there at 9.50am and left at 1.30pm xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Nice bag👍
Thank you

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'd have been the same with Ellie, especially in the water parks as they're so huge aren't they. Sounds like Teamboat Springs was a big hit, that's an amazing view

What a lovely chilled day. I love the MK bag it's lovely, sure it's one I debated too such a shame it was busy, we went on a Saturday too but it wasn't too bad, however, we were there at 9.50am and left at 1.30pm xx
They are - you can't be too careful can you!

it was a hard choice there were so many lovely ones! I definitely think thats the way to do it - get there early. It was manic by the time we got there but probably saved me some money xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely chilled day. We rarely go to the water parks, but your day there looked fun. Your cheese platter picnic looked nice too 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List