Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Dec 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
2018 rolled in with us walking back to our 1-bed atBLT after seeing the New Year in at MK, a wonderful memory and avoiding the crush for the monorail or the boat made every penny of DVC worth it!

A few extra days had been added to our trip so we could run the 10K during Marathon weekend, a 2-bed at SSR was just the thing so we could spread out.

September we gifted our daughter a stay at AK and BLT with her friend after she had been working at summer camp. Her friend had to leave due to an emergency and it was thanks to DVC that we had the peace of mind of knowing that she was staying in nice accommodation with good, safe transport to the parks. The next day we flew her younger brother out to join her for the rest of the trip. Another set of DVC memories made for them both.

In October DH and I had our first ever non-park ticket trip. Lots of pool hopping, a lovely day at Vero Beach, a look at the new CC cabins and a Moonlight Magic at DHS made this a unique visit for us.

OK, so my large dues bill has just hit the mat and my complaint about ME was not really dealt with to my satisfaction but I can honestly say I do not regret my DVC purchase at all. I don't think Disney provide the magic they did when we first started visiting but we still have wonderful trips and I am sure we will have many more.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Well this was a mixed year for us.
May saw us back at our home resort Kidani for 6 nights with points then a DVC rental (ran out of points) trying SSR.
We got our room request at Kidani but not at SSR, note to self do not change resorts on US Mother's Day! 😩😂
Fell in love with SSR despite the refurb being much needed, we can see past the furnishings and know it will be lovely when done, possibly where we may add on despite all the issues these last few days and the Trump issue with the dollar! Loved the pools, buses and closeness to DS. Despite the unusual amount of rain stopping our evening DS strolls!
Managed to wmeet up for a meal with the wonderful Mr and Mrs Morrow and son- DVC makes us friends for which we are so grateful!
Despite MIL falling ill whilst we were away and losing her by this October to the dreadful big C we managed our bucket list trip of DCL Alaska Cruise followed by Aulani. Never would have been possible without our DVC and avios earned from all those other DVC trips, lol.
Was going to load a few photos but I cannot seem to be able to as they are in some new format in the new iCloud ! 😳🤔
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

2018 for us was good

Spent most of Aug in the US, NY for a few nights then WDW for the rest

Stayed in The Poly for the 1st time, always wanted to stay but the room rates were always too much, but DVC meant we could stay 5 nights, lovely rooms

MVC gave us once again a massive unit, Cypress harbour really is a top notch resort

We enjoyed Moonlight magic at epcot, got to meet Sebastian and really did enjoy the MLM fireworks

Then we have the DVC lounge at epcot, i know it is just a space with some chairs and 2 drinks machines, but it really does tick the box and make me feel special
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
2018 for us was good

Spent most of Aug in the US, NY for a few nights then WDW for the rest

Stayed in The Poly for the 1st time, always wanted to stay but the room rates were always too much, but DVC meant we could stay 5 nights, lovely rooms

MVC gave us once again a massive unit, Cypress harbour really is a top notch resort

We enjoyed Moonlight magic at epcot, got to meet Sebastian and really did enjoy the MLM fireworks

Then we have the DVC lounge at epcot, i know it is just a space with some chairs and 2 drinks machines, but it really does tick the box and make me feel special
Do you think MVC is worth the money Matt? Does it hold value? I've heard of it but never looked into it.
Old 2 Jan 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Do you think MVC is worth the money Matt? Does it hold value? I've heard of it but never looked into it.
For us when the $ rate was good it was great

we paid $100.10 ( yes just over one hundred bucks ) for 1 week at marriott's grand vista resort ( its the orlando flagship resort for them ), it was on the MVC site for $18000

now for the 1st 3 years we didnt use it ( i sold it for the annual dues )

then we stayed in it for 1 week ( after 1 week in AKV kidani ) WOW, the place was massive, we had the main bedroom with hottub and shower, girls shared the other bedroom, yet had a double bed each, own bathroom

then the full sized kitchen and massive massive lounge

The resort was well kept and the staff were more disney than disney

Yes sure its a drive to WDW, but its 3 mins to the I4 and then 12 mins to the main gate, it was closer than AKV to MK

Now the slight issue we had, last year the annual fee's were £250 less then i could book a room for with cash, not a massive saving, but for 2 weeks it was just over £500, so its still a saving

Its not DVC in anyway shape or form, but it means we can prepay for our accommodation and save a few quid

but the resorts really are top notch, they really do look lovely

i have been told on groups i am on, the way we use our week isnt the best cost effective way, our orlando week is very indemand and we could trade our week with " II " ( Interval international ) for better weeks around the US, of course we use it for disney, so for the time, its working the way we like

As for it holding value, i honetly dont know, as when i purchased ours, it was at rock bottom ( the US were in a recession and were dumping weeks for nothing money to avoid the fee's

I have just had a quick look on ebay, a 2 bed at Grand vista is currenty on for $2150 and $3800, so a little profit it i sold, one at cypress harbour for $15000 ( which i would love to sell mine for )

though just found one at , at $1.30 they are dumping it to save paying the AF's

ebay/itm/MARRIOTTS-R...:pf:0#viTabs_0

we are happy with it, it saves us a little, not the same savings as DVC, but we are happy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We didn't go this year and rented out our points for the 1st time which was a new experience after 18years in! The money paid for a hefty chunk of this years Disney Baltic cruise. Another new experience was trying to book 24hrs after itineraries were released when everyone is trying to figure out costs and there are so many people using place holders it's crazy just trying to get any stateroom! Worth it to get a relatively good price in the end though. We did miss WDW and our home BWV and not going this year either. Hopefully next year we will return. We love our DVC but like others have winced at the dues statement and grumbled about the increased number of points we now need for 2weeks in a studio. DVC feels a little less glorious at the moment we feel.
On a plus I found our DVC car magnets from when we joined while tidying out a cupboard. I thought we had lost them so was over the moon. Also found a range of free pins, gifts etc from over the years which are treasured possessions since we rarely get anything now.
Looking forward to making more great memories soon as for as long as we can afford it!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
When we have taken our Granddaughter home next week I think I will do a thread on here showing the freebies DVC have given away over the years and also stuff we have bought.

Could be interesting to newer members.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Good idea. We can add to it with stuff we all find. Could be enlightening!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List