Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jan 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
These brazen thieves know the police won't even arrest and charge them if their haul is under £200.
More misinformation about policing.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Few years since we had a spate of cheeky thefts in the local maternity unit where I was working... they came in brazenly and stole the fully decorated Christmas tree, staff assumed it was taken for checking for fire safety etc, chairs and coffee tables were taken from the waiting room and a vending machine stolen... it was because they appeared so confident that they got away with it all...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Another in the sadly it just doesn't surprise me camp!

I worked in a music store through university and we had a lady who looked about 9 months pregnant... permanently. Security caught up to her after months of her getting away with it. She had a chicken wire and paper mâché set up for the pregnant belly, and a slot on one side just the right size to put CDs and DVDs in, and DVDs were a brand new thing so cost a small fortune. It was absolutely ridiculous, but security were very excited to bring round the photographs of the contraption to show everyone who worked in the shop!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Harrods is one store who always prosecute, their security is second to none.
Old 3 Jan 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hibby70
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Whilst at Disney Land Paris someone stole my 2 year old daughters blanket from her buggy whilst we held her up to watch a parade.

It was minus 10 degrees at the time. How low can you get?
Hibby70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I never do car boot sales anymore as so much stuff got stolen.

I feel quite ill thinking about those underpants 🤮

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Friend in work went to Disneyland Paris at the beginning of December and she had her sons pram and shopping stolen. She was very upset as were her husband and small family, all that Disneyland did was give her 2 children autograph books and told her to report it to the police which was a half hour drive away at 8 pm on a cold and wet December night. On the fight back home the following evening another family told them that they had their pram stolen. So be careful if you have a pram and are going to Disneyland Paris take a lock and chain.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
More misinformation about policing.
I can’t verify this story, but my brother worked a Saturday job at Sainsbury’s and he was told that members of staff who steal from the till or from the shelves were allowed to “get away with it” until the shop had evidence that they’d stolen a certain amount of money/goods (say a couple of grand) Then security would swoop in and hand the camera footage to the police who would charge them with “serious theft” rather than “petty theft” and get them sent to prison.
It might just be a scary story Sainsbury’s tell their teenage staff to make sure they keep their hands out of the till...but it sort of makes sense. Better to spend your time and money going after the “big fish”.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I never do car boot sales anymore as so much stuff got stolen.
I’ve always suspected that things have gone missing from our boxes when we’re unpacking the car. I wish the other stallholders would keep their bloomin’ noses out until we’re ready for business! I can never be 100% certain that something hasn’t been sold as I always go off for a wander and leave my partner in charge for at least half an hour (don’t worry, I always buy him a bacon butty or a sausage bap!) But there are always one or two items that neither of us can remember selling- usually a load of old tat that we’re pleased to see the back of! Maybe the boot sale bandits are true kleptomaniacs and don’t care
what they steal!

Edited at 09:24 PM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Friend in work went to Disneyland Paris at the beginning of December and she had her sons pram and shopping stolen. She was very upset as were her husband and small family, all that Disneyland did was give her 2 children autograph books and told her to report it to the police which was a half hour drive away at 8 pm on a cold and wet December night. On the fight back home the following evening another family told them that they had their pram stolen. So be careful if you have a pram and are going to Disneyland Paris take a lock and chain.
That’s an unacceptable response from Disney. There must be security cameras all over the
parks, if the person reporting the theft can tell them roughly when and where they parked the buggy then it would just be a few minutes’ work to identify the person making off with the buggy and track them. Even easier in WDW where most people check in and out of queues using magic bands. Disney will say that they can’t be held responsible for unattended belongings but they should be responsible for making the parks a thief-free zone!