Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Jan 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
If they kill the resale market, you'd think it will make it harder for them harder to sell direct contracts. At present people can buy in knowing that there's a healthy resale market which means they can sell easily if they decide DVC isn't for them, or personal circumstances change. By killing that market, I'd be much more wary of buying in and being stuck with a contract like lots of people who bought in to traditional style timeshare were. I've always wanted to buy in at some point, but doubt I will now
Totally agree.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Big discussion going on in the Morrow house right now.

We have 8 contracts totalling 1000 Points bought from $73 and up.
I did a big report ref our Autumn stay and said how bad we felt things had got.
So much so I feel Disney has become a vomit inducing money machine.

My view is to monitor for 6 to 9 months and sell the lot. My Wife is more cautious.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Big discussion going on in the Morrow house right now.

We have 8 contracts totalling 1000 Points bought from $73 and up.
I did a big report ref our Autumn stay and said how bad we felt things had got.
So much so I feel Disney has become a vomit inducing money machine.

My view is to monitor for 6 to 9 months and sell the lot. My Wife is more cautious.
I had totally missed your report Tom- where is this?
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I had totally missed your report Tom- where is this?
Stand by.

Here we go.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1107790

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:49 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Lol one of agents had said they are busy selling contracts like crazy to make the 19/1 deadline.
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dewdropdazzle
Excited about Disney

Dewdropdazzle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I’ve had my offer at AKL accepted and just emailed DVC resale market to make sure contract is submitted to Disney asap.
Not convinced it’s going to pass though.
Just seen the buy back figures from DVC resale marker for December when my Bay Lake contract got taken back. I can’t believe they didn’t touch bay lake all year and then took all those contracts in December.
We already own direct at Copper Creek so I’m not too concerned but will probably think twice about resale if this one doesn’t pass and we miss the deadline.
I Drive 1997,Villa 1998 & 2006, Wilderness Lodge 2008,Fort Wilderness 2009,Old Key West 2010,Fort Wilderness 2011,Wilderness Lodge 2012, DLP 2013,Villa 2014 & 2015, POFQ /Fort Wilderness 2016,Villa 2017, DVC Copper Creek 2018, Saratoga Springs Feb 2019, Villa Aug 2019
Dewdropdazzle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Good one, just reading now, I had totally missed this.

Edit, read it, agree with all your observations!
Interestingly did you see the price hikes over at Disney Land today? ‘Max Pass’ also hiked, I’m not convinced we will have free fastpasses in 2 years but that’s conjecture.

Edited at 10:17 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I think they only kill the resale market (not kill it but reduce the resale contract drastically in price) initially with Riviera, which is why I would not buy it in a month of Sundays. The whole resale market will eventually be 'killed' but only when the older resorts go offline.
Sounds like they are playing a long game here and happy to take any initial hostility with these restrictions. In time, when the old resorts expire they'll have a whole new batch of resorts and new owners to play with. Interesting, but I won't be around then to see the outcome.

I'm not sure where this leaves us now with our current points. I have been considering selling some but this has confused me - sell right now or wait and see what happens over the next few months? I just don't know - any ideas folks?
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

If you were buying in now I would suggest an offer pronto on the basis that they get it in for ROFR before 19/1. Then you would be able to stay in the latest resorts. But even if you bought after this date you could still stay in the current 14.
I would agree with this and very happy mine passed ROFR now - I would like to complete ASAP after reading this just to be on the safe side. Tweety if you are still thinking about buying in you might want to look at offering as soon as possible and getting it into ROFR.
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

There is an upside, going forward there will not be as many chasing the 7 month window at legacy resorts as they will be fixed to their home resort.

I own at BWV and I think by its expiry I would have had a gutful anyway of WDW and the pricing strategy so would not be upset at no contract extension.

If this is sucessful I can see it rolling out to the legacy resorts... buying where you want to stay really is the bet advice that we have all known but not really taken onboard