Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jan 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

One of the highlights for me on our last trip was the talking fountain. I took my son to it and he had no idea what it was. We were there for about 5 minutes before it spat at him and started to abuse him. We returned later with his dad and sisters but unfortunately it didn't do anything that time.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If your family love animals the Animal Actor show is super-cute
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

For lunch go to the restaurant next to the Jurrasic Park ride which I forget the name of! Their chicken and ribs platters are easily enough for 2 and you can watch people come down the big drop on the ride while you eat.

Opposite the spiderman ride there is a Spidey meet and greet inside a building and nobody seems to know its there. My husband had a hilarious and long Spidey meet as there was nobody waiting! The X-men will all come out periodically in the comic book area as well and you can have photos with them.

If you have the photo pass don't miss the Spinosauras photo kiosk, we took loads of photos there in different poses!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks people! Loads of great tips here. I'll be checking out the shows and food options on Youtube later. Loads of research to do for this trip and with only 228 days to go I'd better make a start!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Following with interest, some great tips Thank you
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

When we do the water rides and in fact the water parks I wear board shorts, bikini top and rash vest.
Then when you have done the water rides just change into regular clothes or walk straight back to the hotel and get in the pool. (If staying onsite) It’s not as uncomfortable walking around in “swimwear” as opposed to wet underwear.

Simpson’s area seating, there is a covered with fans area just around the corner. By the animal actors stage show.

Definitely go to diagon alley and hogsmede in the dark, totally different experience.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
When we do the water rides and in fact the water parks I wear board shorts, bikini top and rash vest.
Then when you have done the water rides just change into regular clothes or walk straight back to the hotel and get in the pool. (If staying onsite) It’s not as uncomfortable walking around in “swimwear” as opposed to wet underwear.

Simpson’s area seating, there is a covered with fans area just around the corner. By the animal actors stage show.

Definitely go to diagon alley and hogsmede in the dark, totally different experience.
This! I too was going to say we put swimwear under vest and light shorts for the wet rides and flip flops... nowt worse than walking round all day with soggy bra and drawers with your shorts sticking to you

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKER-BEAU
Excited about Disney

Journey through New York with Jimmy Fallon is a simulator and probably the best one in my opinion. Followed by a burger at Mels drive in. Always on my list . Have a great time whatever you choose to do.
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
The dryers were there in August last year, although they weren’t great! We were still very soggy.
Dryers were still there in December too... Although they are $5 now!

And as you say they're not great so I'd definitely save my money and not bother with them!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

One of the highlights from our last trip for me was just talking a day to do the park more slowly so that we could watch the street entertainment. There was about 5 different acts that were performing through the park each day, from dancing, rapping, acrobatics, all sorts. I think there must be a schedule somewhere of when and where they are performing but we just stumbled across them. They were all really good and worth 10 or 15 minutes of just slowing down to watch.

The Dealthy Hallows show in Diagon Alley is really good, as is the Celestina Warbeck and the tri wizard spirit rally.
BebeYorkshire is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List