Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jan 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mermaidtastic
Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Thailand

We have booked for Easter (it was between Florida and Thailand)

Thailand won - partly price and partly to give the kids (14/11) some culture, the are really excited.

My OH and I went for our honeymoon in 2003, so it's been a while.

We are spending 2 nights in Bangkok and 10 nights in Khao Lak.

Any advice - practical or things to do would be great.
Mermaidtastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Watching with interest. I've booked for June to Bangkok and khao sok.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you scroll down and look at the post "Never thought I'd do it" people have given suggestions on things to do.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Try the night market in Bangkok. You haggle for designer knock offs. They are very well made. My "Ysl" trousers lasted years as did the handbags I bought.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I gave some suggestions and links in Myvot’s thread. I’d really recommend the food tour I linked to in that thread. It was great, our guide was really good and a brilliant way to introduce yourself to new food (nothing weird or wacky!)
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I went to Bangkok last year! All the details are in my trip report - link in my signature

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

Khao Lak has some great restaurants, we were there two weeks and ate at a different restaurant each night. Also there was a good night market a couple of times a week. Also yummy roti stands in the street!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Where are you staying in khao lak.
Me & my husband,love our holidays there.
Tracy x
Old 13 Jan 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mermaidtastic
Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We are staying at the Bangsak Merlin - a little out of Khao Lak, just looking to chill, enjoy the surroundings and do a couple of tours. Just trying to find the best tour for a day in Bangkok.

So much to think about - trying to find decent transfers from/to Aiports - if anyone has any recommendations for that also?
Mermaidtastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To be honest I’d just get a taxi when you land in Bangkok. There is honestly no need to prebook. When you arrive just follow the signs for Taxi’s. When you get outside there is a booth, give them your hotel name / address and they’ll tell you the price and then assign you a waiting taxi driver (they all have numbers) they’ll speak to them in thai as well if you are worried about telling the driver where to go. We’ve always done that and the prices are really good. I would however suggest no matter what you do, if you get travel / car sick then take a sickness tablet before getting in the taxi. They always make me feel sick the way that they drive (in fact I was actually sick last time!)

Here’s an explanation with some pictures bangkokairportonline...-taxi-service/

Edited at 07:05 PM.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List