Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraEx
Helping Mickey

Mobile Bar prices on Disney dream

Apologies if this is pinned somewhere but I can’t find it! Does anyone have a list of bat prices? Just wondering how expensive alcoholic drinks are? Thanks!
LauraEx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you said about $10 per drink you wouldn’t be far away.

The only think I remember is a week ago a Bombay sapphire and tonic was $9.20 including the tip.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
If you drink top end drinks, you'll pay more.

The drink of the day (DotD) which is a cocktail (both alcoholic and non available) is around $5-6 inc gratuity. You can add more gratuity on if you wish and that extra bit goes direct to that crew member (the auto bit is shared amongst all in the food and beverage team).

A beer can be from $4-7 depending if you want draught/bottle/local/imported. If you buy the special offer glass ($17), you basically get 22oz for the price of 18oz and can swap the heavy glass tankard for a card at any time to save you carrying it around. On the pool decks, they serve in plastic tankards so a little easier to carry.

General cocktails are from $7-9 so pretty decent prices and on par with most pubs.

Don't forget that DCL allows any guest 21 years or older to bring up to six beers (no larger than 12 oz each) or 2 bottles of wine (no larger than 750ml) at embarkation and at each port. You must carry these beverages on as opposed to putting them in your checked luggage.

Joa

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sounds expensive. I'll be taking some on.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sounds expensive.
Expensive? $7 so about £5 for a cocktail? That's pretty good and cheaper than the pubs around where I live.

Depending on where you live, this is an absolute bargain!
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Expensive? $7 so about £5 for a cocktail? That's pretty good and cheaper than the pubs around where I live.

Depending on where you live, this is an absolute bargain!
That isn't bad, I was referring to £6 -7 a pint of beer and £7 for a G and T. That is expensive. I know it's on a cruise ship, but it's still expensive. I don't drink much in Disney for this reason.
My wife calls me tight. I don't know why. I went away for Xmas and we were in a captive market pub in a Yorkshire seaside development. I nearly had a heart attack when they wanted £10 for a beer and a wine. Pubs in that area should be 3.50 a pint max.

Edit- you revised down your beer prices to more acceptable levels. I'll still be taking some on!

Edited at 01:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Yes it can get pricy. Take lots on (obviously within your specified limits) is my advice and also you can take on at each port.

My husband did a few runs at one port where there was a shop just next to the terminal.

Edited at 01:21 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I didn't think drinks were expensive on our cruises, given you are both a very captive market and subject to the "Disney tax".

We like a drink and spend, frankly, a small fortune on alcohol when we're in Disney World, but it's part of the holiday for us. I read on here someone say they were pleased that an alcoholic drink was now included with the DDP as they like to have a glass of wine with dinner, and now they could. We like to drink with dinner so always have, and not just the one!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That isn't bad, I was referring to £6 -7 a pint of beer and £7 for a G and T. That is expensive. I know it's on a cruise ship, but it's still expensive. I don't drink much in Disney for this reason.
My wife calls me tight. I don't know why. I went away for Xmas and we were in a captive market pub in a Yorkshire seaside development. I nearly had a heart attack when they wanted £10 for a beer and a wine. Pubs in that area should be 3.50 a pint max.

Edit- you revised down your beer prices to more acceptable levels. I'll still be taking some on!
I edited my ££ to $$ as always forget to put the right one.
In Yorkshire, I'd personally expect £2 for a pint - that's what they seemingly charge on Emmerdale anyway.

p.s. I didn't mention G&T - mixers are generally more than a DotD cocktail so I stick with those normally.