Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cool What have i let myself in for

Well the inlaws were desperate for us to holiday with them for DH 50th...

so we have booked a 12 night Cunard cruise in Dec 20 to the Canaries!

Not my first choice - but I get to chose next time
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Are they paying or did they particularly want Cunard.

I'm sure you'll have a great time even if Cunard or the Canaries wasn't your first choice - a big celebration will offset any negative thoughts you have!

We're off next month for Mick's 50th - I've got him a really horrible 'I'm 50' tie, a birthday top hat that is horrible and I'm decorating the door for him. He will hate it in a way, but love it in another - can't wait!

Joa
Old 15 Jan 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

only been on 2 Cunard but love their talks - we found them very interesting. Would be happy to cruise with them again but probably not around Asia!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Are they paying or did they particularly want Cunard.

I'm sure you'll have a great time even if Cunard or the Canaries wasn't your first choice - a big celebration will offset any negative thoughts you have!

We're off next month for Mick's 50th - I've got him a really horrible 'I'm 50' tie, a birthday top hat that is horrible and I'm decorating the door for him. He will hate it in a way, but love it in another - can't wait!

Joa
I wish they were paying
They love Cunard and were desperate for us to join them. We do love our cruising and it was a reasonable price (for Cunard ) I get on very well with them and as its for DH50th (although its in jan) I couldn't really say i didnt want to.

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
only been on 2 Cunard but love their talks - we found them very interesting. Would be happy to cruise with them again but probably not around Asia!
My parents have also done Cunard and my dad absolutely loves the talks.
We have 3 sea days to start with so I will definitely be keen to see what they are offering.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Were on a 12 night Canaries job with Cunard this November. Absolutely cannot wait.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Were on a 12 night Canaries job with Cunard this November. Absolutely cannot wait.
How exciting! 😁😁😁

Xxx
Old 17 Jan 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've holidays with my parents 4 times out of the last 5 years, WDW twice, Cruise for my mums 60ths which they paid for and also a trip to Spain. We have no problem what so ever going on holiday with them and my LB adores his Grandma & Grandad - going with OH's family - Heck No!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We've holidays with my parents 4 times out of the last 5 years, WDW twice, Cruise for my mums 60ths which they paid for and also a trip to Spain. We have no problem what so ever going on holiday with them and my LB adores his Grandma & Grandad - going with OH's family - Heck No!
Thats great

I love my parents deeply but an afternoon is about enough for me!

My inlaws are great - but I have said to DH that I will need my own space and time together and that I dont want to spend every hour with them!

Dont get me wrong im more than happy to go but I do like my space
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Thats great

I love my parents deeply but an afternoon is about enough for me!

My inlaws are great - but I have said to DH that I will need my own space and time together and that I dont want to spend every hour with them!

Dont get me wrong im more than happy to go but I do like my space
You do have separate cabins I hope? 😉 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
You do have separate cabins I hope? 😉 😆
Oh gosh yes

We managed to bag a couple of cabin with big balconies - they are in the same place but on opposite sites of the ship