Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jan 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Recommend Vienna. It's beautiful. Take an uber up the hill to Grinzing where all the vineyards taverns are - it's really old and picturesque. Each of the "Heurigen" will sell you glasses/bottles of their own wine and comes in around 1 euro a glass. We did a bit of a tour of them and also ate small plates of whatever food each one was offering on the day. Memorable day out. You can also go to watch the Spanish horses - we did a tour and watched them train. We also took a trip up the Danube to see some of the medieval villages. Of all my city breaks I've done, this one was joint favorite along with Venice. Second choice would be Barcelona - did some fab tapas tours and wine tours over the years there. Oh and worthy of mention would be Granada and Cordoba. (Alhambra, tapas, architecture, old Cordoba town). Cheaper than the more popular Spanish cities and very accessible by train/coach from Malaga.

We always book apartments when we travel to Europe and it keeps the cost down enormously. So much cheaper than hotels and I've never had a bad one - just research carefully before booking (check their reviews etc). For example, I only paid 50 euros a night in Venice for a stunning old town 2 bed apartment overlooking the canal within walking distance of all the tourist stuff but quiet enough to avoid noise. And that was during school holidays last year.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Madeira is lovely...very safe friendly place with lots to do and places to see...we are here now and the weather is really nice ..not too hot.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

What about Lisbon? I think as already mentioned you need to think out the box for places that aren't so touristy given it's school hols.
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Second Warsaw lovely city but think I'd struggle with 6 nights. That being said we did have 2 teens with us. On our own I think we'd've been ok.
What about Bratislava and gave a day ( night) in Vienna, it's not far on the train.
Old 29 Jan 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Rome is the best city that I have ever visited. It is simply an amazing place where everything can be seen on foot and where you do not need a car. It is also very good value, provided you are prepared to eat and drink a block away from the obvious tourist traps. The Ice Cream is to die for!
In addition, the train to Napoli only takes an hour and 10 whilst again being very good value. From there you catch another, local train that can drop you at Herculaenium, Pompeii or Sorrento.
I would reccomend 3 nights in each.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:01 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nobody has suggested it yet, but I feel obligated to because I’m Estonian but

Talinn in Estonia is beautiful. The old town is just perfect. Always a cheap stay too if you book correctly
Old 29 Jan 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Agree with Rome, it’s just stunning and has a certain feel to it, I can’t put my finger on what it was, but there’s nothing better than sitting outside a bar in Vatican City, looking down at the sun shining on the Basillica...it’s breathtaking. Every building is a thing of beauty.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List