Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jan 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

May 2018 - 3 weeks, one wedding and a villa, Day 16 - Shop, shop, shop!

Saturday 19th May

We were up at about 9am today and had decided today was dedicated solely to shopping!
Now, my notes are pretty appalling, and I seem to have a gap missing between breakfast time and 3pm
Side note – I finished the last week when we actually got home, so that probably explains it!

I can tell you that we went to Dunkin’ Doughnuts for breakfast where we both had some sort of savoury croissant, I feel like it was ham and cheese, and a coffee each. Chris always had an Americano with cold milk, I had an iced vanilla latte.

Let me tell you now, if you’ve never had an iced coffee from Dunkin’ Doughnuts and you’re a bit obsessed with iced coffees normally (who, me?) then you need to try one from DD. It was amazing, personally, nothing here can live up to it.
The hospital I work in has a Costa and every time I have one I’m just like “hmmmm, it’s no DD!” I think it was one of the highlights of the trip !

I’ll stop going on now! For the life of me I cannot remember what we did in that gap of breakfast to 3pm, however something tells me we might have attempted to do Wintersummerland mini golf at some point, but surprise surprise, it rained all day, so they closed it. Anyway, according to my notes we got to Vineland Outlets about 3pm and it was absolutely chucking it down and there was a massive thunderstorm pretty much directly above us. These pictures are from the highway approaching the outlets.

We made a run for it from the car and ended up near Victoria Secrets, I’d never been to a VS outlet so wanted to pop in and check out the underwear but also to see what their beauty deals were as I love the sprays.
I knew it favourited the slimmer woman, but there was literally no bra sizes past a C, come on VS, get in the game
They had good deals on the sprays, 3 bottles for $20 I think, but I was kind of holding out for Bath and Body Works. It was absolutely rammed in there and it was pretty much impossible to look at anything without being bashed out the way, so we soon gave up.

We popped into Kate Spade afterwards so I could check out the prices of bags, I’d love a Kate Spade bag one day, but I just can’t justify spending hundreds on a bag, I’d be terrified to use it !

My memory goes a bit hazy after this, I know we went to Under Armour and I ended up with a new sports bra, vest and leggings. All three of these were off the clearance rack, but I don’t remember the price. Chris found some shorts and t-shirt for his running.

We both bought a new pair of Vans, I wanted some black leathery looking ones so was happy when I found some in my size, Chris ended up with a powder blue, very classic looking pair.

Popped into Yankee Candle as well and found an electric wax melter for $10 in the clearance. I know they’re roughly £30 - £40 here, so we grabbed it. We also picked up 2 wax melts for it, a pineapple cilantro one and a salted caramel one.
When we got home and first used the wax melter it hardly melted the wax and we thought it was on a timer even though it didn’t have the timer button on it. I got in touch with Yankee Candle on Twitter about it and it turns out it was to do with the voltage, it didn’t even occur to us that would be a problem didn’t matter anyway because one of the cats knocked it off the sideboard and smashed it anyway

B&BW was next, and I took advantage of the buy 3 get 3 free. I bought 2 sprays, Pink Chiffon and On the Beach, 2 moisturisers, Warm Vanilla Sugar and Japanese Cherry Blossom, 1 body scrub, Sea and Sand and Chris bought some cologne, I think it might have been Sandalwood. It smells lovely and takes us both right back to Florida whenever he wears it

Chris got a pack of underwear from Calvin Klein for about $12 I believe, and I think at that point we called it a day. I’m sure we popped into other shops in between the ones we bought from, but as we know, I’m a terrible note taker

We called into Publix on the way home for the first time ever! I loved it there, we were pretty gutted we only thought to go when we only had about a week left though.
Stocked up on drinks, snacks and cereal and ended up buying some doughnuts from the bakery, we got home and ended up having leftover pizza and doughnuts for tea and watched The Office until bedtime.

Tomorrow – Disney Springs, the cinema & Cracker Barrel
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a lovely relaxing couple of days!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Those clouds look impressive. Shame about your wax melter (I'll be honest, I've never heard of them before and just looked on Google... I want one now!)
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Those clouds look impressive. Shame about your wax melter (I'll be honest, I've never heard of them before and just looked on Google... I want one now!)
They’re great! We actually managed to pick another one up from the Yankee Candle store here in the clearance for £15 😁
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great shopping day 🛍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List