Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Jan 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Dubai Trip - where do I start

We’ve booked a flight to Dubai at Easter and I have no idea about where we should be looking to stay or what the must do’s are (too many years doing Florida) can anyone recommend any accommodation that would suit 2 adults and a teen (we would prefer my lad had his own room so maybe a 1 bedroom apartment) and we like the beach but last about an hour on it so maybe we taxi it to the beach and stay in town?

We have 9 nights so could move about a bit.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Take a look at this thread in General Trip Planning:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ighlight=DUBAI
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

9 nights? take out a 2nd mortgage

im jesting of course personally never been but have heard its pricey
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
9 nights? take out a 2nd mortgage
im jesting of course personally never been but have heard its pricey
Yes it is VERY price last time we were there it was £9 for a glass of wine & that was back in 2008 but we were staying in the Jumeriah Beach Hotel opposite the Burj al Arab (Nicksgirl probably know more up to date prices I believe)
I think my friend who was there last year, said beer, depending on where you are staying is between 50-60dirham (£10-12) a pint in a good hotel & a glass of wine £10-15. Cheaper in cheaper hotels.
I can only highly recommend the hotel we stayed in, which was fantastic, so not much help for what the op is wanting.
To visit, Wild Wadi water park is good but don't expect it to be like WDW water parks & also the Ski slopes in the Mall are worth a visit & the souk's are interesting. Unless its changed you can't to in the Burj al Arab hotel unless your staying there or eating at one of the restaurants there. Worth going for a meal if you can as the place is truly amazing.
Fabulous place & as soon as we win the lotto we will go back again.
Old 17 Jan 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Yes it is VERY price last time we were there it was £9 for a glass of wine & that was back in 2008 but we were staying in the Jumeriah Beach Hotel opposite the Burj al Arab (Nicksgirl probably know more up to date prices I believe)
I think my friend who was there last year, said beer, depending on where you are staying is between 50-60dirham (£10-12) a pint in a good hotel & a glass of wine £10-15. Cheaper in cheaper hotels.
I can only highly recommend the hotel we stayed in, which was fantastic, so not much help for what the op is wanting.
To visit, Wild Wadi water park is good but don't expect it to be like WDW water parks & also the Ski slopes in the Mall are worth a visit & the souk's are interesting. Unless its changed you can't to in the Burj al Arab hotel unless your staying there or eating at one of the restaurants there. Worth going for a meal if you can as the place is truly amazing.
Fabulous place & as soon as we win the lotto we will go back again.

friend of my wife went, she is a bit of a weekend millionaire/wag type and im sure only wanted to go so she could post photos on instagram!

they stayed at atlantis and got a shock at the prices, turned out her & husband took turns to have a drink(s) with dinner each night to keep the costs down...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I can recommend Fairmont The Palm hotel, we stayed here on a half board basis in May last year.

Expect to pay around £10 for a beer or cocktail. We paid £15 for a fancy milkshake for our girls.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stoneyred
Excited about Disney

We have stayed in the Hilton The walk and Doubletree Hilton at Jumeriah Beach who both have 2 bedroomed Suites. Perfect with our teenager. We are going in April too and staying in a 3 bedroomed Suite (both teenagers coming) half board at The Hilton The Walk again. This is the first time we’ve done half board but got a good deal at Travel Republic, if I remember correctly (only booked last week &#128556 it was the same price as bed and breakfast! It isn’t cheap but looking forward to it.

Newport Bay Club 2004 DLP,Sheraton Vistana Resort 2006, Worldquest Resort 2008, Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa 2009, Cypresse Pointe 2011 Villa Highgate Park 2014
Stoneyred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve been twice in the last 2 years and I wrote mini trippies you can read below.

Loved both the hotels we stayed at but didn’t have a separate room for the kids.
I use Booking.com as a starting point to get idea of prices and locations then when I spot something I like in my price range I check other sites for it. It is expensive but if you eat in shopping malls and only have the odd cocktail at the pool it’s manageable.

5 nights in Dubai, April 2017
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1104715

Halloween in Dubai, October 2018
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106980
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We stayed at the Atlantis in 2016, we went for a one week break just the 2 of us in June so didn't venture far from the hotel - we knew it would be oppressively hot, we really just made the most of the water park and aquarium that's there.

I'd definitely recommend upgrading to club in your hotel if it has one that includes drinks and hors d’oeuvres, it will save you a fortune.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Agree with the club comment! If you stay at a Jumeriah property you have access to the Wild n Wadi waterpark. They have some properties with two bed apartments - have a look at their website!

I did a trip report for our last visit - see my signature

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List