Old 17 Jan 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
esteeds
VIP Dibber

esteeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Gatwick Hilton question

We stayed at the Gatwick Hilton in 2015 the night before we flew on VA026. It was great - I was wondering if there were any new hotels worth considering?

There are 5 of us 2 Adults and 3 teenagers (18, 16 and 15) so we are looking for 1 family room or more likely 2 rooms.

The other thing is last time we missed twilight check in and found that checking baggage in the morning was very easy as there were no queues - is this still the case? We are flying premium economy this time so I guess we will have a priority check in?

1995 WDW Landstar Homes Villa | 1998 WDW Coronado Springs & Ft. Myers | 1999 WDW Key Largo & All Star Movies | 2002 Disneyland Paris Davy Crockett Ranch | 2007 Glenbrook Resort Villa | June 2008 DLP | 15 June 2009 DLP Sequoia Lodge | Oct 2010 Sunrise Villa, West Haven & Anna Maria Island | July 2013 DIBB Villa | 17th Aug.2015 Hard Rock Hotel | June 2019 - Hard Rock, Champions Gate, AMI
esteeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at the Hilton at LGW about 6 or 7 times "free" using Tesco Deals but when we are paying with real money usually find that the Premier Inn attached to the north terminal is the most competitive. That probably opened around 2015 I recall.

There's also a newish one called The Bloc but we've never found it to be cheaper than the PI.

You may know that VS and BA swapped terminals a couple of years ago (BA is now from south and VS from north). Doesn't matter where you stay though as both terminals only a couple of minutes apart on the monorail.

VS and BA still do twilight check-in.

Mick
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We stayed at the Hilton in December and really liked it, but if it was a lot more expensive than the PI north I'd just go with that. The walk to check-in from PI North would be easier if flying VA from North Terminal (although neither are super far).
We did like the little extra touches in the Hilton like the flavoured fruit water in the lobby, but to be honest we turn up at 9pm the night before we fly so we don't use much of the hotel anyway.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another option is the Hampton which is inside the North Terminal. We like both this and the Hilton.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
esteeds
VIP Dibber

esteeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I will look at the others - we are only there one night so it is better to spend the money during the holiday. Thank you
1995 WDW Landstar Homes Villa | 1998 WDW Coronado Springs & Ft. Myers | 1999 WDW Key Largo & All Star Movies | 2002 Disneyland Paris Davy Crockett Ranch | 2007 Glenbrook Resort Villa | June 2008 DLP | 15 June 2009 DLP Sequoia Lodge | Oct 2010 Sunrise Villa, West Haven & Anna Maria Island | July 2013 DIBB Villa | 17th Aug.2015 Hard Rock Hotel | June 2019 - Hard Rock, Champions Gate, AMI
esteeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed at A23 premier Inn in 2017 with the sleep, park, fly package and it was so easy. I went to book it again this week for this August and discovered they no longer offer the package. After getting very stressed looking into airport parking, we have booked the Hampton by Hilton and are going to go by train. I used my Tesco vouchers for the hotel and will also use them for a railcard and train tickets so it has worked out very well. I can't comment on what the hotel is like but the reviews are good and so are the pictures. It's also a bonus that we get breakfast 😊
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

If you're flying with Virgin the why not stay at the Sofitel which is in the airport and at the North Terminal.

We always stay there when we fly from Gatwick and like it better than the Hilton too
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We stayed at the Hampton by Hilton last year using Tesco clubcard points. The family consensus was they preferred the PI north. Hampton have a sofa bed as the 2nd bed, which my 2 didn’t find particularly comfortable (and they were 12 and 10).
Old 23 Jan 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Have stayed in PI for our last few trips and found premises and staff fantastic. Always purchase the meal deal which gives two course meal with one alcoholic drink & unlimited breakfast. Always phone up and prebook our table for the evening meal.

Found that purchasing the meal deal is cheaper than buying at Gatwick’s restaurants.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Im also considering the gatwick hilton this time. Last time we stayed at the premier inn and it was fine but as we need 2 rooms (family of 5) by the times i add breakfast at the PI the hilton is actually cheaper 🤔. Although our dates at the PI do seem quite expensive and i have been tracking them for months.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List