Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

First timers. ? discovery cove?

We are off to Florida for the first time in August. We are staying onsite at Disney so will spend the majority of our time there. We also have a night booked at Universal and a 2 day pass for the Universal park. Thought that would probably be enough but have since been tempted by Discovery Cove. Not too bothered about the Dolphin swim. Is it worth the extra money? Is it too much to try and fit everything in while we are over there? Appreciate your expert opinions, thanks
Bugsy73 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi. I really do think that’s a personal thing... I don’t think you’d come away feeling you’ve missed out if you don’t do it as the other things you’re doing are going to wow you first time anyway! It’s a really lovely and special day where you can totally chill and it’s nice to have a limited number of people and step away from the chaos. Personally I wouldn’t do it if I wasn’t intending to do dolphin swim, but that’s just because it’s an expensive day, if you’re happy paying that I’m sure you will love the day
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would save it for next time . You will have more than plenty to do , definately won’t get it all done , on an already very expensive holiday . I presume you have ddp so even the food and drink offered isn’t really any benefit to you . Enjoy your hols .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

You've got loads to get on with so maybe better off keeping it for another time, it's all personal preference as mentioned above. We've been twice now & see it as a 'down time' day. We've done it twice so far incl the dolphins & sea venture but next time we'll just have park access - we love the grand reef, lazy river & tropical bird aviary.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I have to agree with everyone else. On a first visit you have more than enough to do with the Disney and Universal tickets you already have. Discovery Cove is a fantastic day but the best value when booking this is when you add on the two or three park package, at minimal extra cost, to include Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens and you definitely don't have enough time to fit those in too! Save this until next time and have a new set of parks to look forward to.

Debra
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I would say it is worth the money if you get an Ultimate ticket and make the most of the 14 day entry into Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens.

If you are just going to DC and none of the others then I'm not quite so sure. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing day, and I'm booked to go in September.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I think you've got far more than enough to do already on a first trip.
Especially given the Dolphin swim is the big draw, and you don't seem too fussed about that.

I'm quite sure an extra day in one of the other parks will be just as entertaining and is already paid for !
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
We're giving Disney a miss this year and just focusing on DC, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens (+ a couple of nights by the beach after 2 weeks in Orlando) for a slightly more relaxed trip.

If you're a first timer and hitting Disney and Universal, I think adding DC would take away from your experience elsewhere. We can easily fill 2 weeks at Disney alone.

Happy holidays
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Have to agree with everyone else, our first trip we did Disney, Discovery Cove and Seaworld but not Universal and that was plenty and didn’t have time to do everything we wanted in the 2 weeks. There is so much to see and do and you will need some down time.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I must agree with the others.

You have 4 Disney parks plus 2 waterparks.
You have 2 Universal parks, possibly plus Volcano Bay.
Downtown Disney (or whatever they call it now)?

That is plenty.

I also agree that the best way by far to visit DC is with an ultimate (in my case a non swim). With the free parking, BG, SW and Aquatica, I believe it by far the best value ticket in the Orlando area. With DC on its own, I am not so sure re value.

It is imho highly likely that you will return (most do). On this return, maybe that is the time to go with a DC ultimate and one or other of the other two franchises, depending on which you prefer this time.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List