Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile Very end of May...advice needed please x

It looks like we will be travelling possibly at the very end of May and into june next year... I hear American schools break up then... does it impact upon ride queue times that much at this point? And weather wise are we talking 30ish or a lot hotter?

Ooooo and last question lol is 450 a person reasonable for virgin flight at this time? Xx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone?
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

I went to Florida 2013 last week of May/1st week of June. It was the first time I’d been as an adult. I found the crowds manageable (though had nothing to compare it to). Weather was mostly lovely but when we hit June it did rain a lot more (there was a tropical storm and it wa alike a switch flipped and couple days of June is rained all day - bad luck) The rest of the days it was hot, not sure it was 30s but it wasn’t too humid.
As for flight prices I’m not sure if that’s good for that time of year, seems pretty cheap to me though!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We are going 23rd May- 6th June this year. We are tied to school hols and son gets two weeks at whit.
We went April last year so hoping it’s not too hot. Although we have been loads in September when it’s been very hot and humid so we should be ok.
Not sure about crowds but think the schools break up at the end of that first week of June.
We are checking to cabana bay on 27th which was the cheapest day.
I think (hope) everybody will have been to the parks at the weekend and are all in the shops! (Memorial Day)
£450 sounds ok for direct, we are flying into fll and doing a few days at the beach before heading up to Orlando. We paid £268 for direct flights.

Edited at 08:07 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went last two weeks of May last year and we thought it was very busy compared to October. The weather was rubbish as well - rained quite a lot, but I do think that was unusual for that time of year. We wouldn’t choose to go that time again. We have been first two weeks of May before which was nice, October which we also like and November. Think my favourite has been beginning of May or October.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

We were there 27th May to 15th June last year. Yes it was very hot, most days mid 30's, a lot of days it rained mid to late afternoon but didn't usually last long and the rain brings the heat down quickly so we didn't mind it at all

The parks were fairly busy but with good use of fast passes we didn't find it too bad and never queued for longer than 20 mins.

I would say £450 is pretty decent for direct flights.

We managed to save quite a bit by flying indirect into Miami, only £1060 for 2 adults / 2 children, so we didn't mind the drive for that price

Edited at 09:12 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraAshley04
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ive done 30th May for two weeks before. Compared to July crowds were good, busy but not horrendous. Didmt see as many groups as we did in July. Weather hot with occasional down pour for 20 mins had one night with bad storm. Flight prices i paid £1300 2a 1c (2016). I would go that time again.
LauraAshley04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooo some mixed thoughts here... I dont mind the rain when it clears up quite quickly and only rains 20min
Or so... busyness of the parks is the main thing so we do plan on a Disney night to get 60day fp instead of 30. Unfortunately record weather and quietness of Feb last year may have spoilt us!
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

We have been the last couple of weeks of May/first week of June most years for the last 10... in general we love this time of year in Florida. We started because timing was good for work and now over half term.

Traditionally for us the weather has always been great, hot but not too humid, around 30, occasional shower in afternoon. Last two years both saw more sustained spells/days of lot more rain and cloud but consider this unusual given previous experience. Hasn’t stopped us booking same time this year again.

Crowd wise it is normally quite nice level the week before Memorial Day, and pick up quite a bit for that weekend and week after but certainly nothing that isn’t manageable when planning for busy days, fastpasses etc. I have not really been other times of year so not much to compare to, but I think it’s busy but certainly quieter than other holiday periods from what I can tell.

Can only reiterate we love going this time of year, and are booked for 23rd May - 6 June this year so from Memorial Weekend onwards.

Many years ago went in July and don’t think could stand the humidity etc by comparison.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for that we are looking at 28th to 11june at the minute x