Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Who has the best rapid ride VB or Aquatica ?

Hi haven't been to VB yet ... I love the Roa's Rapids at Aquatica ..which one takes you round the fastest TeAwa, The Fearless River at VB or Roa's Rapids at Aquatica or are they the same Which one do you prefer ?
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Similar - both fast, possibly prefer the one at Aquatica because the one at VB is a bit shallow at points and you can bang your knees on the floor

VB as a park overall is far better than Aquatica though - looks nicer and has far better slides. Get there early though as gets very busy.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We LOVED the one at Aquatica in 2016 and couldn’t stop thinking about going back to it ahead of our 2018 trip. Then we went to Volcano Bay on our 2018 trip and VB’s river blew Aquatica’s out of the water (lol!) for us. We went back to Aquatica later in the trip and it just wasn’t the same. Still good, don’t get me wrong, but we found VB’s more fun.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

They are both similar but the theming is miles better at Volcano Bay. I really do enjoy both but if I had to pick it would be VB.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Thank you for your opinions , VB sounds fab...Can't wait to visit soon .
Old 20 Jan 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I wasn't impressed with VB (probably biased towards Aquatica as my favorite slide is IHU Falls!). I found using Tapu Tapu really irritating and spent half the park wandering around not getting on rides and I wasn't impressed with the VB rapid particularly where you go under the volcano and see lots of scaffolding.
There is a newish slide at Aquatic - Ray Rush and when were queuing watching the groups in the wings I was thinking why are they screaming so much it can't be that scary, until I went down myself and found levels of screams I didn't know I had!.. great fun though.

Each to their own though. IHU falls every time!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List