Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell7
Earning More Ears

Mobile Paradise Palms.

Has anyone ever stayed here? What’s it like? We are Looking at a 5 bed townhouse so looking for peoples opinions on homes, resort, pool etc. Thanks 😊
Tinkerbell7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I only drive past so can't give much advice but I would suggest looking very carefully at pictures of the pool. The ones I can see from the road are more like plunge pools. They are very close together and also have privacy walls that make them look very dark. These may not be 5 beds but as new build 5 beds are often relatively small I can't tell.

The location is very convenient for Disney and the community looks very well maintained.
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell7 View Post
Has anyone ever stayed here? What’s it like? We are Looking at a 5 bed townhouse so looking for peoples opinions on homes, resort, pool etc. Thanks 😊
We stayed here 2 years ago, 3 adults and 2 under 2’s. Accommodation was fine, except for cots and stairgates weren’t there as promised. Otherwise all good. Villa pools are small, but nice to sit by in the evening. We loved the main pool area, with snack bar. Reception area and shop good too. Complex is quite large, but well looked after. A short drive to Denny’s and supermarkets, WDW not far, and also quite near Celebration which we like for breakfast. Gated with a gatehouse at the main entrance so felt quite secure. All in all we were happy with our choice and would go again. (Although splashing out this year on Animal Kingdom Lodge!)
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Is there resort fees here?
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kissimmee girl View Post
Is there resort fees here?
We booked through TUI so there were no resort fees. Once you are on site there are no checks for pool access etc., so I guess not.
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Helping Minnie

We Stayed here with friends last Easter,
my family 2A 2C (13,17) had a 5 Bed Villa (small pool, Huge Villa)
My friends 2A 3C (4,10,14) had a Town House (small pool but used every night as was big enough, nice size accommodation too)

the communal pool is large with a poolside bar, Pool slides and 2 hot tubs. toilets and changing rooms.
we all loved the communal pool, and never a struggle for loungers or tables and there was loads.

Felt very secure and safe in the resort too.

my friend booked via Tui and we booked separately through home away (its much cheaper this was and better choice of accom) No passes needed at all,

I would stay here again definitely. we stayed on cuban palm rd if that helps.

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Helping Minnie

Thumbs up Pools

was the pool in the Town House

This was the hot tub in communal pool

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell7
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thank you all for your comments and input. Now booked for October/November 😊
Tinkerbell7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell7 View Post
Thank you all for your comments and input. Now booked for October/November 😊
hi tinkerbell7, i wondered if youve booked to go to Paradise palms? I can see you are going Oct/Nov. We went to PP in a 5 bed villa May2017 for our first trip and we have booked again for aug we loved it. I agree with everyones comments how we felt safe as it was gated and a security guard on the gate all hours, even a sheriff driving down the streets in the evenings. So convenient to 24 hour walmart 5mins drive away and of course disney was so close too. Were staying in a townhouse this time booked with james villas and not sure what to expect in terms of size comparison but we chose to go here again because its a high standard of cleanliness and well kept community with some locals living here too. The 5 bed villa was way too big for us 4A 3C but its nice to have the space, we dont intend on being in the townhouse much anyway. And yes the onsite pool is perfect for our kids 12,10,7, red hot jakuzi too, as hot as my bath was a thumbs upalthough probably wont be in august lol. Im sure youll enjoy it there if you have booked, Happy Countdown and let us know your thoughts.
Mrs Sunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List