Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jan 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i really like the look of the Enclave - any thoughts on how often it is available at MCO?
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

My take on these and of course this is where personal opinions come in.

1.Buick Enclave.
Identical vehicle to Traverse but it's marketed as a premium model so more bells and whistles across the range but 7 seats and massive cargo ability.

2.Traverse
Family friendly model of above its identical bar Badge you need near the top of range to get where Enclave starts at.

3.Ford Edge .
5 seater and smaller than above all thats good about Ford and all thats bad.Good engines good looks nice seats but the dashboards and layouts designed with an etch a sketch.

4.Grand Cherokee .
5 seater nice interior strong engine range usually well speced out.But the most god awful looking front end a cross between a demented emoji and a spoty teen with braces.

Santa Fe.
Can be 5 or 7 well speced does everything it should do but just a tad bland.

6.Ford Explorer.
7 seater nice looking but it's it all tad old now.The 2020 version will be all new and will make it so much a better choice for it.

7.Pathfinder.
Stretching a Qashqai its 7 seats but small in comparison to other 7 seaters.
It also has a CVT auto box which for me makes an unpleasant driving experience.

Dodge Journey.
Unashamedly a Budget SUV nowt wrong if your buying one on a Budget but would pick anything else to rent if given a choice.
Of course who knows what's in line on the day.
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks so much for all the replies. Duncan that's so helpful! Is the Traverse also 7 seats?
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

The Traverse I had two years ago was a seven seater

You can just see the third row folded down.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wycombedad View Post
Thanks so much for all the replies. Duncan that's so helpful! Is the Traverse also 7 seats?
Standard 7 can also be 8 with a 3 bench in 2nd row as a customer order.
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

I had a Pathfinder when we were there for the first couple of weeks this month - first time I’d seen one in the standard SUV line. There were only 3 of us so we folded the rear seats down which created a huge amount of luggage space. Functional but unimpressive and I wish I’d seen a Murano instead. Wouldn’t choose one again and it was equally as unimpressive as the Santa Fe I had last time.

Edited at 09:18 PM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I liked our Santa Fe we had last time but hoping for the Cherokee this year but we are flying into Tampa, so not sure if there will as much choice as at MCO.
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Not had the SantaFe out of Alamo at MCO, but had one from Alamo out of LAX last year. The best I can say is that it started and went from A to B. Very basic interior, poor seats, poor luggage capacity and just an all round crappy motor. In my view it did not even meet the UK Spec that my sister drove 3 or 4 years back.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Was it the smaller Sport version which I had the misfortune to select back in October? Apparently it should have been in the Intermediate SUV section.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Was it the smaller Sport version which I had the misfortune to select back in October? Apparently it should have been in the Intermediate SUV section.
And just to confuse us even more the all new 2019 Santa Fe is a 5 seater and the XL is the 7 seater .
Sport variant now defunct.