Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Yet another ESTA query

Following the recent threads about middle names, I double checked my ESTA to ensure I’d listed my middle name as I reapplied in October. I had... but I then noticed the ‘are you known by any other names..’

I’d selected no as all my official documentation is in my married name. However, I recently got divorced and as such have reverted to my maiden name for banking purposes after receiving a cheque in my maiden name (only way the bank would cash it, and it was for a substantial amount)

Anyway, all official docs... passport, insurance, travel docs are in my married name, same as the ESTA. But with my banking now in my maiden name, should I reapply and add my maiden name?

Edited at 05:08 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Following the recent threads about middle names, I double checked my ESTA to ensure I’d listed my middle name as I reapplied in October. I had... but I then noticed the ‘are you known by any other names..’

I’d selected no as all my official documentation is in my married name. However, I recently got divorced and as such have reverted to my maiden name for banking purposes after receiving a cheque in my maiden name (only way the bank would cash it, and it was for a substantial amount)

Anyway, all official docs... passport, insurance, travel docs are in my married name, same as the ESTA. But with my banking now in my maiden name, should I reapply and add my maiden name?
No, I’d just leave it ...you answered your own question in your second last sentence.
They haven’t asked about you bank status

Edited at 05:22 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
No, I’d just leave it ...you answered your own question in your second last sentence.
They haven’t asked about you bank status
Thanks. I didn’t think it would make a difference as obviously having travelled in 2016 under my married name, my maiden name would have been still in exsistence, and technically a name I was known by as it would be on my birth certificate, but it wasn’t queried then.
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

It’s what ARE you known as not what WERE you known as . So you are known just now as your passport says

Edited at 06:01 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
It’s what ARE you known as not what WERE you known as . So you are known just now as your passport says
Thank you! Good point! And very simply put which avoids me flapping