Notices

Old 7 Dec 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Have just caught up after reading your first post quite a while ago when you gave us some lovely advice on the weather in Jan! Looking forward to reading about your trip - particularly as our paths may even cross

Congratulations on your new grandson, he is beautiful.

I recognise that Disney notepad I have it too!

Well done on getting Ohana, we are there for dinner on the 23rd (I think)!

Good luck for the rest of your SW efforts, I've been meaning to and for one excuse or another haven't. January will be MASSIVE attempt time to shift a few lbs.

Now long to go now
Thank you sheluk for taking time to read this, been putting a few things in my note book now, got to send e-mail next week to Villa owner to get all details of how to get into the place,
Not happy tonight, had weigh in and have put on a pound so even more to try and lose before the holiday. :angry:
Am going to have a read of yours.

January 2006 & 2009 Paradise Cove
September 2014 - Bella Vida
January 2016 - Compass Bay 2nd Honeymoon
February 2019 - Eagle point South.
Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
Time to say Good-bye... January 2016
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 15, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Hi June
Can't believe it's now only 29 days until your trip! Must feel so lovely to have this trip to look forward to, just the two of you.
Your luggage labels are great and what a simple yet effective way to customise your luggage with stickers .
A friend is going out there very soon, I checked out the weather for her today and it's looking very good indeed and will certainly simplify packing a bit. Hope the final planning is coming together for you especially at this seasonally busy time of year.
Look forward to the next update.
Jules

Edited at 02:53 AM.
Our Grumpy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 15, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Our Grumpy1 View Post
Hi June
Can't believe it's now only 29 days until your trip! Must feel so lovely to have this trip to look forward to, just the two of you.
Your luggage labels are great and what a simple yet effective way to customise your luggage with stickers .
A friend is going out there very soon, I checked out the weather for her today and it's looking very good indeed and will certainly simplify packing a bit. Hope the final planning is coming together for you especially at this seasonally busy time of year.
Look forward to the next update.
Jules
Hi Jules, things running along nicely now, have to say husband and I are getting really excited about it now, I still have a little niggle in the back of my mind about leaving Lorna in the house on her own but I know she will be fine and her brother and sister both live just around the corner. Hoping to update again at the week-end so watch this space. See you real soon.

Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 15, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Well what can I say. Nothing really except...

Old 2 Jan 16, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Will update real soon but just dropped by to say...

Old 2 Jan 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Update 8

Well really sorry for not updating for a while but I am still finding it hard to write this report this time.
Anyway during the time that I haven’t been on here I reached my 30-day mark which meant fast pass day’s so on Saturday 19th December I put on my computer ready to start, now everyone says that you need to be up at stupid o’clock, well sorry I didn’t in fact I think I signed on at 9am and by 9.05am everything was booked for that day.

Monday 18th January
So we have breakfast at Crystal Palace for 8.40am, then we take a slow walk around to Big Thunder Mountain for between 10.30 – 11.30, after this another slow walk around to Peter Pan (never done this ride before) this is for 1.05 – 2.05pm then just a short stroll over to our 3rd fast pass which is Seven Dwarfs mine train, again we have never been on this one when we went in 2014 the queue for this was stupid. For the rest of the time we are just going to go with the flow if we can get on any rides we will if not then we are not too bothered we do like to people watch as well.

For our next fast pass’s I had to wait until Tuesday 22nd December, again I think I was a little later for this one but again it only took a matter of minutes to book them and this is what this day looks like.

Thursday 21st January
We again have breakfast this time at Tuskers and this is for 9.10am from there we will head to Kilimanjaro Safari which is for 10.05 – 11.05am from there we go back towards Tuskers and see The Lion King Show for 12.30 -12.50pm this is my favourite show out of everything so if we were to go back this we would see again. Then the final fast pass is for Everest which is for 1.30 – 2.30pm. The rest of time we shall just be taking a slow walk around doing some rides and taking photos.

So these are the only fast pass’s that I have done as we are not sure what days we are going to the other parks, I shall be taking my tablet with me so the night before we go I shall have a look and if we want to book and we can book then that is what we shall be doing.

So while we are there this time we will be going to the beach and my OH has decided that he wants to go to Miami, I have tried telling him it’s a very long drive but he said he wanted to go so instead of Clearwater it will be Miami.

Well now Christmas is out of the way I have taken the decorations down and they are already back up in the loft and I am now getting ready to start the packing. It has been quite a hectic Christmas this year as Jasper (the cat) has cost us a fortune. We think he was in a cat fight Christmas eve but thought nothing of it but Christmas day and boxing day he didn’t eat anything and slept on the computer chair all day. He didn’t eat drink or use the litter tray so on the Sunday we had to take him to the emergency vets, the cost of that was £130 before we even got there. Well after the vet checked him it turned out he was running a very high temperature and was dehydrated and they wanted to keep him in, so we said our good-byes and left him there. I phoned them up the following day after I had finished work and they said they were quite happy for us to come and pick him up but it would have to be after 9pm as that was when his antibiotics were due. We picked him up and he seem to have picked up although his temperature was still high and we would have to make sure we took him back to our vets the next day we then had to pay the rest of the bill which in total came to £425 and took him home. Well we couldn’t get him there on the Tuesday as OH was working so took him first thing Wednesday and it turns out his temperature still hadn’t gone down much so he has another check this Tuesday, we think it will be fine as he is back to his normal self now and has one more day left of his tablets.
This Tuesday I need to go out and get anything I need for the holiday and then in the afternoon I have my hair cut then on Saturday we have our Nieces wedding which is in Southampton, I then have a busy Sunday as I have to clean out both fish tanks then it is the usual cleaning of the house and packing the cases.
Will try to update again before I go.
Thanks again for reading.

Old 2 Jan 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Aww your poor cat

Not long now for you
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
Aww your poor cat

Not long now for you
Not been nice seeing him so down but he is back to his cheeky little self.

Really cannot wait now although not looking forward to the end of the holiday as I know that if we ever manage to get back it will be a long while.

Old 11 Jan 16, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
gosh June, only 5 days until your trip
Sorry to hear about Jasper,pleased he's doing better, it's such a worry when our pets get ill.
I like your plans for the 18th and 21st, big thunder is my favourite ride in Magic Kingdom.
It will be good to have a trip to Miami. We stay on Disney Property but try to have a beach trip mid holiday. Last few trips we've done Miami (2nights) St Augustine (2nights) Clearwater (day trip) in that order.
Clearwater was least favourite, although my DH and DD's BF are into Classic American Cars and there were a couple of sales centre there and were in their element.
Miami and St Augustine we love, and both very different. We like Art Deco and the reason we love Miami. We stayed in a small hotel on South Beach, walking from the rear of the hotel directly onto south beach was divine.
St Augustine has lots of character, and the beach at Anastasia state park has a lovely rural feel.
I imagine your best bet temperature wise will be Miami so I hope you get there for this 'special trip' together.
I'm sure you'll be busy packing, hope it's all coming together

Jules
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Our Grumpy1 View Post
gosh June, only 5 days until your trip
Sorry to hear about Jasper,pleased he's doing better, it's such a worry when our pets get ill.
I like your plans for the 18th and 21st, big thunder is my favourite ride in Magic Kingdom.
It will be good to have a trip to Miami. We stay on Disney Property but try to have a beach trip mid holiday. Last few trips we've done Miami (2nights) St Augustine (2nights) Clearwater (day trip) in that order.
Clearwater was least favourite, although my DH and DD's BF are into Classic American Cars and there were a couple of sales centre there and were in their element.
Miami and St Augustine we love, and both very different. We like Art Deco and the reason we love Miami. We stayed in a small hotel on South Beach, walking from the rear of the hotel directly onto south beach was divine.
St Augustine has lots of character, and the beach at Anastasia state park has a lovely rural feel.
I imagine your best bet temperature wise will be Miami so I hope you get there for this 'special trip' together.
I'm sure you'll be busy packing, hope it's all coming together

Jules
Hi Jules, thanks again for joining me, Jasper is back to his cheeky self now running around and going out for his evening walks to meet the ladies. lol
I'm still not sure about Miami, basically because of the distant and I know it will be too must for Steve to drive all that way, he thinks we can go there and back in a day
Doing the packing tomorrow that way I can weigh the cases to see if I should book another case for way home.
Will try and do my final proper update on Wednesday.