Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 12, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Florida Brides and Grooms diet

Hi everyone

Thought I would start a new diet thread as the brides in the last one are all married ladies now!

I'll start us off. I'm Liz, 30 from Hyde in Greater Manchester. I'm getting married at Cypress Grove on 27 September 2013 to my wonderful other half Darren. We have a little boy Luca who is 13 months old.

I desperately need to loose at least a stone, I'm struggling to loose my baby weight tbh. I'm currently 11st 7. I'm mainly planning on doing it by healthy eating and exercise when I can. I have lots of weight watchers cook books and bought the hairy bikers diet cook book last week.

Would love to hear from others who are trying to loose some weight prior to their weddings and hopefully we can get there together x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo2600
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi

I am also getting married at Cypress Grove on April 2nd 2013 to my hubby to be Mark

I am just trying to tone up mostly but would love to lose about another half a stone. I've lost a stone already by healthy eating and lots of excercise! Trouble is I can't lose much more because I'm worried my dress might end up too big!

Have you bought your dress yet? Or are you waiting till you have lost the weight?

Jo
Wedding Cypress Grove April 2013
Windsor Hills villa 2016 first trip with our little boy
Jo2600 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 12, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

amazon/10-Minute-So...0336626&sr=8-2

I totally recommend the ten minute solution DVDs! There are quite a few with different trainers. There are different styles of exercise and different levels. They are cheap too. I have quite a few of them and I love them. I haven't been able to do them for a while as been busy doing up the house and no room in the lounge.

I could feel a difference in body tone with them and people complimented me too
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 12, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Hi I'm Emma, also from Greater Manchester. I'm getting married on 30th May 2013 at Cypress Grove.

I also trying to lose weight before my big day! I have already bought my dress a size 10 Maggie (which I've been told is a UK12). I bought this dress not long after starting my diet at size 18! I've lost 2.5st so far but ideally would like to lose around another 3st, but I'm not fussed as long as my dress fits!

At the minute I am supposed to be on the special K diet but have had family birthdays left, right and centre and have been naughty at every opportunity

Nat from the other group suggested Myfitnesspal which I'm going to check out now I'm on my days off and I'm also going to drag my big behind to the gym! x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 12, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Im currently pregnant but come March the diet starts in earnest for our 2014 wedding. I have 3 dress sizes to lose so will be doing swimming world and swimming.x
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 12, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by absolutechic View Post
Hi I'm Emma, also from Greater Manchester. I'm getting married on 30th May 2013 at Cypress Grove.

I also trying to lose weight before my big day! I have already bought my dress a size 10 Maggie (which I've been told is a UK12). I bought this dress not long after starting my diet at size 18! I've lost 2.5st so far but ideally would like to lose around another 3st, but I'm not fussed as long as my dress fits!

At the minute I am supposed to be on the special K diet but have had family birthdays left, right and centre and have been naughty at every opportunity

Nat from the other group suggested Myfitnesspal which I'm going to check out now I'm on my days off and I'm also going to drag my big behind to the gym! x
I forgot to ask Emma, did you find a venue for your UK reception? Not sure if its the type of place your thinking of but the Roe Cross Inn have quite a large function room which is free x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 12, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Hello!

I'm Katie 24 from Ipswich. Have not set a wedding date yet but hoping for May 2014 and I have a couple of stone to lose. I used my fitness pal to lose about 16 pounds last year but have fallen off the wagon a bit.

we moved into our house a couple of Weeks ago and still have Weeks to wait until sky sort out our phone and broadband so having to use my phone at the moment.
PenguinPatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 12, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

How is everyone getting on? I am back on track now and have lost 2lbs this week. I still haven't managed to check out MyFitnessPal been so busy both at work and home.

Today I have had so far:
B: Special K
L: Special K
S: WW carrot cake
D:? still deciding either low fat wrap pizza or JP with beans.

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 12, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by absolutechic View Post
How is everyone getting on? I am back on track now and have lost 2lbs this week. I still haven't managed to check out MyFitnessPal been so busy both at work and home.

Today I have had so far:
B: Special K
L: Special K
S: WW carrot cake
D:? still deciding either low fat wrap pizza or JP with beans.
That's great! I've managed to loose 3lb this week although I had a bad day yesterday and ate 2 Krispy Kremes so I'm sure that's going to catch up with me.

I have the myfitnesspal app on my phone and it really good, you can scan the barcodes of the food and it gives you the calories per portion. I found when I stick to it, it really helps x
Old 19 Oct 12, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizj1982 View Post
I have the myfitnesspal app on my phone and it really good, you can scan the barcodes of the food and it gives you the calories per portion. I found when I stick to it, it really helps x
I'm going to go and check it out, although my phone is useless so probably wont work.

Closed Thread