Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What exactly are DLP playing at? Seriously thinking of cancelling my meal plan
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SnS
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Seriously? I suspect that is incorrect. I haven't seen that change mentioned on any fan sites or forums.
I would absolutely love to be wrong on this occasion! I couldn't find any references to it here on anywhere else either so I thought I must be reading it wrong hence why I called.

I then asked if we can get a refund on our premium half board meal plan as they are now not offering what I originally booked for and I can't even get a full refund! 😕 When I originally booked she said we could do character dinners every night if we wanted to!

It seems like a really stupid thing to do IMO... That means less time in the actual park as it would be spent doing a proper sit down lunch.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
SnS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been checking other sites and cannot find it confirmed anywhere.

I appears that you can not book dinner as part of your package, though you can book lunch and brunch. You can only book dinner 60 days before arrival.

But nothing about characters leaving Inventions, only Café Mickey.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

In the brochure in the dining section of the Disneyland Hotel description it says

"Inventions: elegant international buffet restaurant in the company of Disney Characters at lunch and dinner"

(The bold is mine).
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
In the brochure in the dining section of the Disneyland Hotel description it says

"Inventions: elegant international buffet restaurant in the company of Disney Characters at lunch and dinner"

(The bold is mine).
yep - and then the brochure contradicts itself on page 53 in the "dine with disney characters" paragraph, where it makes no mention of dinner at all, only character lunch at Inventions.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yep-this pic is off the website
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

It definitely says evening experience.
Whose going to tell DLP they are miss selling? :/
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
yep - and then the brochure contradicts itself on page 53 in the "dine with disney characters" paragraph, where it makes no mention of dinner at all, only character lunch at Inventions.
Yes, crazy isn't it?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
It definitely says evening experience.
Whose going to tell DLP they are miss selling? :/
i've messaged them on their facebook page - but as thats yet another CM manning the page who knows whether what I'm told there will be correct? Like SnS, I really hope they've been given the wrong information and Inventions dinner is to carry on being a Character experience.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SnS
I want to go now!

Mobile

Yes so page 27 says lunch AND dinner... page 53 just mentions lunch and then page 57 it's just lunch. If you see the box on page 57 I thought that maybe only those times related to ppl who purchased a meal plan (not premium) and wanted a character dining on top of/adding onto a cheaper meal plan because those prices listed are cheaper than the actual menu prices... But apparently that's not right...

The website also still mentions dinner in places.

*bangs head on wall*
SnS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List