Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 09, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

i have to agree and i am a big dlp fan and will definatley continue to visit -but on our first trip to wdw this was the first thing we noticed no pushing and shoving for characters,generally no queue jumping and much more polite people in general.
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

DH and I have now perfected the art of blocking queues so noone can get past us! And I found queues for buses at WDW at the end of a busy day as bad for the queue jumping!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
reminds me of british bulldogs - head down, elbows out and barge your way through Not really, Im a lady but do stand my ground
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by msdisneytonian View Post
reminds me of british bulldogs - head down, elbows out and barge your way through Not really, Im a lady but do stand my ground

Heading off tomorrow with our 2 year old; she's going to be overawed with it and I have been a little concerned about this, but I used to play rugby and DH is the size of a small house, so think we may just approach it with a firm but friendly standing of our ground!
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

I think its a European thing ! sadly we have rarely experianced this in Florida
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

For good contact with characters I'd recoommend a chracter meal- still not nearly as organised as DLP but better than the usual theme park scrum!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Splash Mountain
Serious Dibber

Splash Mountain's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I returned in Late June and found it to be very bad, i can put up with it to some extend but when they push in and then start smoking i have to have a word!
Old 8 Jul 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

When we took our DD when she was 3, she took VERY ill. We did not queue for many things as she was so ill and sat in her pushchair most of the time. We always went early & found a good spot and the edge of a kerb for the parades & waited patiently! Nearly every time, at least 2 people would come and stand on the road right in front of her pushchair when she was sitting/lying in it. Would not have been so bad but these people were grown adults - you could understand children doing it! Twice we had to ask someone to stop blowing their cigarette smoke near her. Well we'd had enough by day 3 & my MIL physically dragged someone out of her way when they stood in front of her again. Then a man just about fell in the pushchair beside her whilst trying to run to get his spot for the evening parade! You can imagine the mouthful he got:angry:
Old 9 Jul 09, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BensMum View Post
We love our Disney trips and DLP was always a 'quick fix' for two or three days until we could save for a trip back to Orlando. After 4 trips to DLP we've decided that's enough - we're fed up of paying too much for poorer quality service and extremely inconsiderate and rude visitors. On the rare occasions when people do queue properly there's always someone blowing cigarette smoke in your face. :angry:
I noticed this too... I was asked to put my cigarette out as I was stood too close to a queue line (not even in it) and yet there were people quite clearly smoking in the crushes coaster queue minutes later, and they turned a blind eye... :angry: I've since quit smoking now though

I found the Fast Pass queue for Big Thunder Mountain horrific, and would never EVER consider Space Mountain without a fastpass, huge groups of French Schoolkids all barging past to meet one person saving a place for them :angry:
Old 25 Jul 09, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TR_Wolf View Post
Maybe it's because we're two big blokes, but we've never had trouble with queue jumpers at DLP.

The only thing that annoyed me was if you wanted to see/get a photo with a character, you'd get the inevitible swarm of OFK's (Orrible French Kids) swarming around them waving their autograph books (a terrible invention, those books!).
I agree it,s terrible. I was talking to an English woman, who told me that she and her daughter queuedup to see Pluto, but as soon as they got to the front,French people pushed in.

The worst thing was this: We were queuing up to catch the shuttle back to the hotel.In front of us was a lady in a wheel chair.The bus came and everyone pushed in front of her. The lady had to wait for the next shuttle bus.
Closed Thread