Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 13, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
I might kill him before we go anyway ...so problem solved!
He has the sciatica version of man flu
LOL! Death may be easier, I have one like that at home!

Sorry to hear about your situation. Heavy doses of medication while you're there could help, plus I recommend 2 phones so you can leave him in one place and dash off to do stuff with little one.

I had (didn't know then) plantar fasciitis during our last trip and was in agony for most of it (walking holiday - great) and my back also went whilst over there, but we managed a great time... (although I am a woman).

Hope it's all OK (go without him if not?!)
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 13, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
LOL! Death may be easier, I have one like that at home!

Sorry to hear about your situation. Heavy doses of medication while you're there could help, plus I recommend 2 phones so you can leave him in one place and dash off to do stuff with little one.

I had (didn't know then) plantar fasciitis during our last trip and was in agony for most of it (walking holiday - great) and my back also went whilst over there, but we managed a great time... (although I am a woman).

Hope it's all OK (go without him if not?!)
There are other people going so it's not too bad but we are supposed to be driving there and staying at davy Crockett...i really don't want to drive in France
Last time we went I was pregnant and had bad hips and sciatica but I got on with it!
He seems loads better today so hopefully things are getting better.
If not I'll have to hire a wheelchair and his brother can push him round!
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 13, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We are going beg of April and are giving the girls the disney trip as their christmas present along with items for the trip ( lanyards, minnie ears that sort of thing)

I would love to tell them the day before but my eldest 7 needs to know the ins and outs of everything and likes to feel prepared for new places.

We are going to do a treasure hunt for the big box of disney goodies and the holiday. I'm thinking of telling them we are going a few days later than we are so the night before we can let then know and hopefully Leo with the 'are we going yet'
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm not telling my DD13 until we arrive at the Eurostar Terminal. She thinks we are on an overnight trip to London. We also have had several DLP & WDW visits and she knows the parks well and has been involved in planning before.
I've been gauging what she'd like to do by telling her our friends are going (which is true as we are meeting them out there!) and asking her lots of questions like "which restaurants would you tell them to eat in" etc. I have never kept anything a surprise before she has known every detail so I fancied trying this.
I've made her up a Disney Villains goody bag with lots of disney Halloween related bits in it, a travel game and pack of cards for the Eurostar and a notebook and pen which I'll give her on the Eurostar. We arrive into Euston and will walk along to St Pancreas, I'm going to tell her we need to nip into the terminal to collect some tickets, get them and then hand over her Minnie Ears and passport and point her in the right direction! She has been asking to go back at Halloween for ages so I know she will be happy as larry. Also villains are her favourites and I've just found out Jack and Sally will be doing meets so she will love that.
She has planned the whole day in London and we will be doing that on the Sunday/Monday we return.
LaraT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

that sounds brilliant Lara !

I surprised my DD once, when she was 8. We'd been to DLP before, but I'd never surprised her before, so I said absolutely nothing about it until she woke up the morning we were going. It was fantastic seeing her reaction, I've never seen her so excited about anything .

However, it was complete torture for me, keeping it a secret until the day of our trip.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We surprised our 2 girls for our last orlando trip. We booked 15 months ahead and kept it a secret till 37 days before. I just couldn't hold out any longer! They were screaming with excitement. I'd love to surprise them on the day we travel to Disney one day but my eldest is 14 now and needs at least a month to decide which outfits she is wearing ! lol She's off to Thorpe park next week with her friends and you would think they were planning an expedition.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LaraT View Post
I've made her up a Disney Villains goody bag with lots of disney Halloween related bits in it
This sounds great, what have you put in it? She's going to have a wonderful surprise!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

We've done surprise trip bags too

Buzz light year onesie jamas
Jake and the neverland pirate pants and vest
Disney colouring book and pens
Flannel
Sweets
Reading book
Top trump cards
New juice cup
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We are driving up from Cornwall the day before and staying in Ashford. We are going to give DS a card I had made revealing that we are leaving that day at breakfast. I think he'll be a bit quiet but thrilled.
When it comes to the reveal each parent knows their children best. Some will be excited, others freaked out. Comes down to the individual child. I think talk of denying them the excitement or ruining the surprise is being a bit judgmental. No two families are the same!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

Ds new jake and the neverland pirates dress up arrived this morning.
Good job he has a pirate fancy dress party to go to at the weekend so I have an excuse to alter it (he is a skinny little thing) without him knowing why...lol
Closed Thread