Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 14, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

is it true disneyland paris filing for bankruptcy monday?

Have just seen something on facebook saying disneyland paris filling for bankruptcy on monday. Is there any truth in this. I feel physically sick after reading it.

we go mid nov with my four year old niece who is so excited. She and us will be devastated if we cant go.

please can someone put our minds at rest.

thanks
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Evilbert
Trainee Dibber

I would think if it were true it would be all over the news. I can't find mention of it anywhere.
WDW Trips May88 Holiday Inn May90 Grosvenor Resort May92 Grosvenor Resort Dec 93 Grosvenor Resort May95 Courtyard Lake Buena Vista May09 Buena Vista Palace May11 Buena Vista Palace Oct12 Beach Club Oct15 Beach Club Aug19 Beach Club
DLP Trips May10 Cheyenne Nov13 New York Nov14 New YorkJun17 Disneyland Hotel
Evilbert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Nubbedy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Tere is an extraordinary meeting being held on Monday at 7:00 am whch doesn't look good news, but I would not think it would be regarding closing the park; surely if this were the case we would have heard about it before now.
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If the rumours are to be believed it's either that they Re cutting staff that's why the workers unions will be there. Or that the wdc will be buying edc out. No bankrupcy. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

2 years ago they were close to 2 billion euros in debt.

Take a read of this thread - tripadvisor/ShowTop..._de_Franc.html
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

From thelocal.fr:

Eurodisney to hold cash crunch crisis talks

AFP | 4 Oct 2014, 07:09

Disneyland Paris, which attracted one million less visitors last year, will hold a special meeting with the workers' council on Monday to discuss its ailing finances, informed sources said.

The meeting will begin before the Paris stock exchange opens, three sources confirmed separately to AFP on Friday.

The meeting will focus on the company's cash flow after the arrival of Eurodisney's new boss Tom Wolber in September.

The company, when contacted by AFP, refused comment but the sources said they had received formal communication regarding the meeting.

The theme park's revenues have slumped due to a huge drop in visitors.

Its net losses in the first six months this year increased by 16 percent to €103.6 million ($129 million) compared with the previous year.

The number of visitors between January and June also fell by 400,000 -- a six percent drop.

Although the group managed to cut its net loss for last year by 25 percent to €64.4 million, that was only achieved through a €1.3 billion refinancing from its US parent firm Walt Disney Company.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can't see it being bankruptcy I have heard nothing as a shareholder. If that were to happen the shareholders would have to know.
They have invested in Newport Bay. They have announced investment in New York hotel, also hinted at what they are planning for the 25th anniversary. I think it could be re financing. If it were a take over again as a shareholder I would have to hear before a general announcement.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies. Put our minds at rest for now.
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Does that mean the shares will take a nose dive in price? Is that why they are having the meeting before the French stock exchange opens?
I "read" that to mean that it will be a financial announcement and they know it will affect the share price.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds to me that they are renegotiating share situations. Whether that means redundancies or what - we won't find out until the meeting has been held. Obviously their marketing isn't working - maybe time to call in the cavalry? As Peter H points out if there was the slightest chance of bankruptcy shareholders would be the first to know.

Edited at 01:44 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread