Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 15, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I have to be perfectly honest. I went in peak time and saw it a bit, but not as bad as people make out.

That said, the cynical Sid in me saw a few people on their last day... kicking off about smoking, and other things. Expecting a huge refund on their holiday!

From what I saw, it wasn't that bad and I'm horrid ex smoker type, with asthmatic child.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I've been behind people smoking in the queue at legoland...right in front of a no smoking sign in fact...and the staff there didn't do a thing about it...it's not confined to DLP

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

To answer your original point tho...I would email the guest services address on the sticky above...I'm not sure what good it will do, but I suppose the more complaints they get the more they may take it seriously
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
I have noticed smoking in the parks, but only to the same extent that I have noticed it at Chessington and never in a ride queue. If I find I'm unlucky enough to be walking behind a smoker I just make a point of speeding up and over taking them, often with a bit of a 'look and a tut' as I pass them, but never anything more.

By all means make a complaint but with thousands descending on the parks every day and the French law working against them I fail to see what they are going to be able to do about it.

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
yehacantwait
Excited about Disney

I was in a queue in Portaventura a few years ago when a Spanish teenager started smoking, now this was there country so I let I go until he started blowing it in my face, but again I bit my lip until we passed each other in the queue again where he started blowing it in my face again, this time I got a bit aggressive and trailed him over the barriers, luckily to a big cheer from everyone else, I think he took the hint and left.
yehacantwait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

I've noticed smoking in the parks too but honestly, I've seen more people smoking in a day at Alton Towers than I have on a 5 day trip to DLP. I think the biggest gripe among most people is that it's ruining the Disney Illusion, which I completely get. It does. But, this is Europe. Smoking is a part of European culture and a few No Smoking signs and designated areas are not going to stop people with a habit, who are used to lighting up anywhere they are. Sure, complain to guest services, like a member said above me, the more complaints they receive then the more they might look into the matter but unless French law changes, there's not much they can really do. And sure, smoking shouldn't be happening in covered queue lines or queue lines at all. But why is this the CM's fault? Why should they have abuse thrown at them or have their authority undermined by people who can't control an urge for 20 minutes? Honestly, if that's the sort of treatment they're getting for doing their jobs then I don't blame the ones who have given up trying.
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Unfortunately one of the many reason's we have given up with DLP
Old 4 Mar 15, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Been here since 2pm and only seen two people smoking, both in open areas while walking. None in queues, none at parade or Dreams. And I have asthma so I do notice!

It's really quiet here today too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

have fun Gill
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
DLH is superb and we are having an amazing time so far!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread