Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks everyone! Still torn. Our friend is saying beach beach beach were saying Disney Disney Disney. One of us will win eventually haha. Disney is a lot cheaper than the beach though!
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are off to DLP in a few weeks time as DH wanted a break from Orlando to do some other holidays so slipping in a DLP trip was a bit of a compromise.! We have done a couple of cruises too and a portaventura trip but we really are not beach holiday people!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been to Port Aventura in Salou and, while we had a good holiday and enjoyed ourselves, give me DLP every time. For me, there was very little magic in Salou and the theming wasn't great. I have been to DLP six times in the last ten years (and WDW twice) and for me it is always a special place. As most of the others have said, its not WDW; service is different ( not bad, just different) and yes, people have very !ittle concept of personal space but it is an absolutely beautiful park and well worth visiting in my opinion.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Because the DIBB is essentially a WDW site we tend to see WDW as the norm. In fact if you take a look at other Disney Parks WDW is special and an exception. The none American Parks are based on Disneyland rather than WDW. They are never going to be the same and in fact try to make themselves individual. For instance I was disappointed that WDW doesn't have any arcades running either side of Main Street as Paris does, but it doesn't. Main Street is still fab. Take it for what it is. You will be fine.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MissMinnieMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think that is the main theme really, take it for what it is and you will have an amazing time!
MissMinnieMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I've been to both several times and there are loads of things I prefer about DLP compared to WDW -

- So much closer to the UK and because of this you can pop over for a few days
- Can walk between the parks
- Don't have to make dining reservations months in advance
- Good value annual passes
- Old fashioned Fastpass
- Disneyland Park is, in my opinion, more beautiful than the Magic Kingdom
- Disney Dreams
- La Place de Remy - not found at any other Disney park
- Many of the rides which exist in both locations are, also in my opinion, better at DLP. This includes Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain and Buzz.
- Has some truly unique shows like Cinemagique which you won't find anywhere else
- Still has quiet times which don't really exist in Orlando anymore

This post is probably a long way to say that they're both very different but they're both still Disney in their own way. I'd encourage everyone to go .
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Been to Port Aventura a few years ago - it was good and has some good roller coasters - more for teenagers but wee ones will still enjoy it.

Did DLP with my family for a week at Halloween 2014 (my first time back in about 20 years!) - everyone really enjoyed it - I didn't think the teenagers got as much out of it.

Had 4 weeks in Florida last summer with 3 week tickets for WDW and 2 week tickets for Universal, Busch, Sea World, LEGOLAND, etc.. This was a mad holiday and not enough time to fit everything in! Already planning our return...

Just booked DLP again for 8 nights at the start of August - wee ones were over the moon (4 & 6) and I was worried the teenagers (now 19 & 17) wouldn't be impressed but they surprised me and may be even more excited than the wee ones! I'm buying Annual Passes (as they are cheaper than 4 day passes!) so hopefully we'll get back for another break next Easter or early next summer.

Once you've been on a Disney holiday unfortunately you have set the bar very high and it's difficult to go anywhere else when you have kids..!

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

OP - just wondered what dates you are looking at and on what site? We're looking at going to DLP next May half term too, but for 4 of us at Hotel Cheyenne for 5 nights/6 days it's coming out at £1388 on the main DLP website.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
donna100
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

We have done Orlando and Disneyland Paris several times. As others have said try not to compare the 2. However, what we find is that we love going to disneyland Paris to give us a quick Disney fix inbetween our Trips to Florida. We went in december last year and have booked this year the same time. Going at Christmas is amazing and makes it a completely different experience. We are heading to Florida next year but we love doing Disneyland Paris in between
donna100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

DLP is not WDW, but it doesn't try to be. It's just a different experience. I think DLP is very pretty and the castle is more attractive. It's charming!
I do find DLP is more laid back.

Port Adventura is a good day out, but it's not Disney. Ive been once and not really in a rush to go back. Additionally, Salou was not really my cup of tea.

You can get great offers on DLP and it's definitely worth it. Don't compare it to WDW and I don't think you will be disappointed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread