Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Tips for LA

Hi, more questions about the west coast😀, I’m just doing a bit more research into each of our stops so I’m starting with LA, we want to do the usual tourist things and possibly staying in the Burbank area, is that a good idea? Any tips for anything else, parking?, tours, etc?
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Rasta bus tour is great, shows all the main places with nice stops.
wayne77 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I did 5 nights in L.A with my 16 year old in February. We walked around the Burbank area when we visited Warner Studios, we both thought it was a lovely area. It’s a nice base for Warner studios, Disney animation studios are just down the road, you’ve got the Hollywood Hills as a backdrop and your really close to Universal Studios as well. I’d definitely stay in Burbank for a return visit. It felt really safe.
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
Rasta bus tour is great, shows all the main places with nice stops.
Thanks for that, I’ll take a look👍
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gillybean08 View Post
I did 5 nights in L.A with my 16 year old in February. We walked around the Burbank area when we visited Warner Studios, we both thought it was a lovely area. It’s a nice base for Warner studios, Disney animation studios are just down the road, you’ve got the Hollywood Hills as a backdrop and your really close to Universal Studios as well. I’d definitely stay in Burbank for a return visit. It felt really safe.
Thanks very much for that recommendation, we will be doing Universal and Warner Bros studios so Burbank does sound like a good base👍
Old 30 May 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Following thread Bazinga 39. We were going to do Disney next year for my 50th and their 50th. We have changed our minds now with all the changes and price increases and the uncertainty of what will happen next year. So now we are planning and researching the Pacific Coast Highway road trip. Hoping to go for 3 weeks starting in San Francisco and finishing in San Diego with about 4 stops in between. Not sure what stops yet apart from L.A. It's hard to choose. I want to stop everywhere (lol) but hubby said we don't have that amount of vacation time or money.
Old 30 May 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CG1
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When we were in LA we did a "Tours by Locals." It was great, picked up in an SUV at our accomodation, had a tour that suited our needs perfectly (including a lunch stop at In and Out) then dropped off back at our hotel. We couldn't face a massively long day on top of jetlag so this was perfect for us. You can shop around for different tour guides and prices. We'd thoroughly recommend it. If you want the name of our guide, message me and I'll dig it out 🙂
CG1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Following thread Bazinga 39. We were going to do Disney next year for my 50th and their 50th. We have changed our minds now with all the changes and price increases and the uncertainty of what will happen next year. So now we are planning and researching the Pacific Coast Highway road trip. Hoping to go for 3 weeks starting in San Francisco and finishing in San Diego with about 4 stops in between. Not sure what stops yet apart from L.A. It's hard to choose. I want to stop everywhere (lol) but hubby said we don't have that amount of vacation time or money.
If you start in San Fran and have 3 weeks I would suggest you do
3/4 days LA
3 Yosemite
2/3 Monterey
2 Santa Barbara maybe somewhere in between
2/3 days Disney
2 days LA
Then San Diego and possibly a couple of days Palm Springs
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Hi thanks for reply, great to hear you are planning something similar to us, we are also doing 3 weeks starting in LA and we will finish back in Anaheim to end at Disney, we are squeezing quite a lot in with 10 stops but a couple are only 1 night stops, when I started planning it was quite overwhelming but the more questions I ask on here I am now getting my head round it, and I’m reading lots of trip reports too. Happy planning😀
Old 30 May 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CG1 View Post
When we were in LA we did a "Tours by Locals." It was great, picked up in an SUV at our accomodation, had a tour that suited our needs perfectly (including a lunch stop at In and Out) then dropped off back at our hotel. We couldn't face a massively long day on top of jetlag so this was perfect for us. You can shop around for different tour guides and prices. We'd thoroughly recommend it. If you want the name of our guide, message me and I'll dig it out 🙂
Hi thanks for reply, that tour sounds fun, more info would great thank you😀