Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Overnight stay at Universal

Hi, currently almost half way through our 2 week stay at all star music. Absolutely loving it. We are off to universal tomorrow for 1 night. Any tips on cheapish places to eat/buy snacks would be appreciated! Also can you refill water bottles/get free iced water there like you can in the Disney parks? We’ve been taking a fairly small backpack with us, can we ride with this at universal? I feel like we were well prepared for the Disney parks but don’t really know what to expect from universal! Thanks
Bugsy73 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Food is relatively expensive at Universal (like it is at Disney). If you want cheaper eats, there is Burger King and Panda Express at Citywalk or the Simpsons Fast Food area.

Yes re the water

You can take bags on a lot of rides but not on the rollercoasters or the main Harry Potter rides or Men in Black - for those there are free lockers to use near the ride entrances.

Universal is amazing - still remember our first time there 11 years ago. Wonderful.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks. Is city walk part of universal?
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

City Walk is the walkway between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure where the Harry Potter stuff is amongst other things.
Its full of shops, bars, and restaurants.
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Citywalk is kind of like Disney Springs in that it provides an eating, shopping and entertainment venue for Universal, unfortunately it’s not free to park. When you exit the Universal parking garages it’s the first thing you hit and you’ll walk through it to reach the parks. Red Oven pizza is good and priced well but can be busy at night. Hard Rock Cafe is huge and usually has seating and the prices are comparable to any of their other locations.
As for the drinking water, all eating locations will give you iced water but like Disney they’re a bit on the small side. They will however sell you a refillable Coke freestyle cup which you can fill at various machines throughout the park and with Slushies at counters and kiosks. (I like the vitamin water as it’s not too strongly flavoured and lower in sugar than most other drinks)
Make sure that you’re backpack is small as the free lockers on some of the rides are neat to say the least.
DO HAGRID. Wow

Edited at 03:16 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We’re staying at Loews royal Pacific (think that’s the name!), no car, can we walk from there? Have the fast passes, can we use them all day? Will someone please write me out a little timetable 😂😂😂. Have been very organised with our Disney days, feel like I’m going in a bit blind 🤣
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Last question, do we get towels at the pool or do we need to take some? Thanks
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

You can walk or get the free water taxi. The Express Passes will work all day from when you check in and all day on check out day. I take it you have Universal tickets as they're not included in the room? Towels are available at the pool. Don't worry about a timetable, you're close to everything, you have express passes, just enjoy! But maybe get up early for Volcano bay and the Hagrid ride 😉
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019

Edited at 03:38 PM. Reason: Typo
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bugsy73 View Post
We’re staying at Loews royal Pacific (think that’s the name!), no car, can we walk from there? Have the fast passes, can we use them all day? Will someone please write me out a little timetable 😂😂😂. Have been very organised with our Disney days, feel like I’m going in a bit blind 🤣
It is an easy ten minute walk to IoA and a couple more minutes to US. The express pass is all day yes. You really don't need to have a plan for Universal, just walk round it in any order.

A cheap eat on citywalk that we liked was Hotdog Hall of Fame.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bugsy73 View Post
10-15 minute walk.

You will have ultimate express passes. Ride as many times as you like. They will be valid on both days (checkin and check out).

Try to get there early on checkin day...maybe 7am. Check in. You won’t be able to enter room but you can pick up your express passes (i’m assuming you have park entry tickets already?) Drop your luggage. Go to parks.

Voodoo donuts in city walk is actually good value.

Maybe Simpsons food plaza for lunch?

City walk fast food in evening as suggested above.

Suggested itinerary. With express no need for a plan really which is nice:

Day 1 - universal studios...simpsons...ET..MIB...diagonally...hogwar ts express..hogsmeade...forbidden journey...hogwarts express... gringotts. Simpsons lunch or Monster Cafe. Mummy... transformers, minions...etc. with fireworks to finish.

Day 2 - IOA (hagrids ride - check thread on here on how best to ride - can’t use express as it is new). Finish with the water rides...YOU WILL GET VERY WET.

Oooh depending on how much you get done on day one you could do early entry to VB on day 2. You can be out by lunchtime and back to IOA to mop up rides.

Edited at 04:11 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List