Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Feb 12, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Morning Ladies!

I forgot I leant Lauren my Claire DVD and Keeley 30 day shred and they didn't bring them back so we tried a new DVD that I haven't done for ages, Coleen's brand New Body. It was an hour and 15mins and had 3 sessions each on cardio, core, conditioning and abs and it was actually really good, quite tough in places as the number of lunges/squats is couted down from 10 to 1 then 9 to 1 then 8 to 1... all the way down to 2, 1, 1! Ouch! I was secretly pleased as I managed to do it all without stopping unlike the girlies lol. So had a good workout, nice to do somethign different, circuits for lunch time today all booked! I had my brownies as a nice treat after so was ok with cals yesterday

Kel - well done on your first first aid case, hope she is ok today. Well done on upping your weights and I am so glad you can now see changes to your shape as I know how hard you have worked for that Size 10s all round for you! And a massive well done to Alex for taking his first class, that is amazing! Thanks for the links I will watch them with Scott tonight.

Just one problem now, the girls told me last night it is hard to get on the classes as they are so popular but I think we will still try it out at least for a month as we can cancel it, not tied in for a year or anything, if we can't get on! There are alos 3 LM classes at my old school sports centre which is close to us so hopefully we can at least get onto those, I really want to get into fitness with Scott like you and Alex so it is something we enjoy together He is keen to start weights so I am telling him he has no clue what to do in the gym so classes are best Whats MMA please?

Emma - welcome back and glad you had a lovely time, that 3lb will come off no problems! I ordered a size 12 dress as I had lost most of my weight when I chose it, but was a size 14 clothes, still am now! But now I think my shape is changing but like Kel, alterations are included in the price we paid (After a lot of hassle and problems with the shop! lol). I will be measured for my final alterations in July but as my dress is a corset I think it should be ok, and there is room for a bit of change in size there It did fit me at the time though so I was shocked to find it was a 12! Hope you find a beautiful dress soon, do you have any ones in mind? Well done on your PT session sounds great!

Nat - 1600 cals is not a disaster and well done for smaller cake! Did your sister have a good day? Glad your dress fits! Excited to see your shoes, can we see photos when you have done them please?! Sophie has started my crystal shoes so I am very excited to see them!

Michelle - Yep I have 30 day shred too, its a good un but as Nat says tough, I have only ever managed 2 workouts in a row from there but Kel can do all 3, one day! hope you enjoy it! The Jillian Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one is good too, more like circuit training? Jillian doesn't like breaks though not even for water haha. Good luck!

I'm at my old desk now, all packed up which was kind of sad, all my notes from the last 3 years in the recycling! Very bare here now but hopefully I have a new desk to decorate soon! lol.

I cancelled my 2012 objectives session this mornign as I was workign late last night and haven't even looked at the new format so didn't want to be unprepared, going back over for a team meeting at 9 though to talk 2012 team objectives which is probably good for me before I write my individual ones! Got a telecon with them from 2 aswell but think I will be back here inbetween to try and finalise the month end close, need to rework the forex calculation for 2012 then I am done, this is tough work keeping 2 jobs...for one salary too! lol.

Although I did get a camera yesterday from a team raffle they did Monday afternoon. prize for me was a Nikon D5100 camera kit which is worth £580 on Amazon so I think I will try to sell mine as although it would be lovely to keep and learn how to use it and take some shots like Sarah can, I think the money would be best for us atm with the wedding fund in mind! Maybe save taking up photography until after the wedding to give me something to do?! lol. We only brought our Lumix for our trip last year and we love the photos we got with that (But all on auto mode! )) lol. Mum has someone at work that might be interested, if not am I allowed to advertise it on here does anyone know?

Hope you all have great days, will try to get on again later to update my food, so far scrambled eggs and toast xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hey girls! Hope we are all well!

Emz, hope you get into some les mils classes, would be great to work out together! Me ad Scott are too far away and go to different gyms, but once we move in together we will def work out! He is super fit though, he has to go to the gym every day for his training so I'm
Way behind him fitness wise. After my exams I'm going up to go to the gym with him and he is going to do some sessions with me cause he knows what to do!
Anyway, well done on your camera win! That's an awesome camera, on the one hand the money would be good but on the other hand, would you fork that money back out for a camera that good later? You could jus go on as if nothing happened, then if you need the money nearer the time you could sell?

Natalie, glad you had a good night, can't resist the garlic bread can we? glad your cake was smaller. Easy just to keep rest of weeks cals down and exercise and you should be fine!

Emma, glad you had a good time in new York! You can get that weight off in two weeks! Glad you had a good session with your PT!

Kel, sounds like a great day! So pleased for Alex, glad he managed ok and got some great practice for next week! I never thought about it, but this could be a career for Scott after he is done with his curling. You got loads of food made at the weekend, awesome!

Food has been good for me this week, getting used to weighing and preparing in advance! Did 3.5k run on Monday and have been doing ab exercises every morning and night. Got work Thursday, Friday, sat sun, but will get a run in on Friday morning and will do jillian a few times as well.
Old 8 Feb 12, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi girls sorry been absent same old story horrendously busy but its good

Nat you should have your soles today

Kel well done for the first aid case I always think I should do one as you never know when you might need it

I stayed the same this week even though I was within my cals every day and eating well I think but I barely had any time for any exercise more than the odd walk - I think the key with me really is the exercise.

Talking of which I never realised wht you were all talking about when you said the Gillian workouts! I love biggest loser, is it really good how often are you meant to do it for it to work - i think I might try it if it's only a fiver in tescos!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Ooh just seen biggest loser ultimate workout for the Xbox kinect has anyone got this?
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey sophie, don't know about the xbox game, i don't have an xbox but it might be good!

A for Jillian, i hae the 30 day shred and love it! you are supposed to do it every day for 30 days, working up to each level every ten days.
i don't think i've ever done it more than 7 days in a row, but it is a great workout, and really good cause only 20 minutes, so easy to fit into your day!
i usually see good results if i do it 3 or more times a week.

on that note ,welcome michelle! sorry i didn't mean to abandon you i just kept forgetting to post! welcome, you chose the right place to be! i'm currently counting calories using my fitness pal, and trying to exercise over 3 times a week, which is hard for me with my busy student life!

the jillian dvd is good, but the 20lbs will only come off if you do her dvd every day, moving up a level every 10 days, giving it your all and still cutting down what you are eating! [it's 'up to' 20lbs, so results will vary! ]
Old 8 Feb 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hello everyone!

Just a quickie post before back to work, just been to shaky plate

Soph, the soles arrived, Matt got them, thank you! Sorry you STS, it's so disheartening, would agree that exercise sounds like the key for you! I tried the BL game on Wii but didn't like it, not intense enough imo, just like WiiFit.

Emz, food and exercise so far today looking good!

Amy, well done on counting and preparing!

Kel, well done for your first aid bit! That is great and shows how your adrenaline can bring back things from a while ago! You're worth having around in so many ways xx

Emz, yes, excited for my shoes! I'll def do piccies when they're finished, going to order some of the rhinestones too like that Dis bride said for a hidden Mickey in the bottom. I love ideas like that as Randy is great at exploiting those opportunities. When I get paid I've got a long list of things to buy so I'll do a pretrippie update and add photos then! Excited much!

As for me, food so far today:

B - special K
S - kiwi and red grapes
L - laughing cow, babybel, 2 crackers, 1 slice ham
S - Go Ahead 3 crispy slices (for this afternoon)
D - pizza...

Cals before dinner are 596
Will be over again today, not happy about it! And dreading tonight as a whole, not loving dad small talk

Right, offskies...xxxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle74
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks ladies for your replys. I should have the 30ds dvd tomorrow, so i hope i can do it. Ive just remembered my oh got me a Jillian workout for wii a few christmases ago but he also gave me something else that xmas (my youngest) lol, so i couldnt start it as i was pregnant. I will have to ask my oldest if i can borrow his wii and balance board and see what thats like as well.

Quality Inn International 2 weeks Sept 2008.
Laguna Bay 2 weeks Sept 2009.
Southern Dunes 3 weeks Sept 2012. & Wedding
Florida Pines 3 weeks Apr/May 2015
Michelle74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi everyone,

Just got in from gym and supermarket, where I some how managed to spend £50 on a small basket of stuff! (at supermarket not gym!).
I guess it was because I got a few bits but also a joint of beef(am making tomato and beef soup for work next week ive decided), some makeup and some good vitamins and I think they were the bigger cost items.
In case anyone is interested the wellman, wellwoman and multibionta vitamins are on a 3 for 2 in Sainsbury’s, which are really great vitamins as I’ve been looking to increase the quality of our vitamins for a while now so I’m pleased with that.
What brands do you take?
Was a bit gutted they’d run out of the wellwoman sport and fitness ones as they were perfect but the normal ones were a pretty good substitute.
Trained a friend in the gym today but she’d done her back in yesterday so was a bit limited but we worked around it. I’m a bit concerned about how she trains when we aren’t there as we have her on a program at the moment which she’s been doing for about 3 weeks now and I PT her on a Wednesday and each week she really struggles (and complains) during our workout and then for days after shes sore so I’m thinking when I’m not there she’s slacking quite a bit but she swears she isn’t so what can I do? Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but I’m considering going with her again to just watch how hard she works on her cardio days. I bet she’s walking on that treadmill! Naughty naughty!

Just discovered that something today as mad as this sounds the children’s organic ‘Goodie’ range of food has some bars in it – carrot cake, apple and raspberry, blackcurrant and cocoa – and they are pretty much the same ingredient as my organic frutius bars that I buy (good cause they have oats in which has a slow release into the body so keeps you fuller and energised for longer) so when I was in the supermarket I bought some to try. Will let you know how they are. Got an Ocado delivery coming tomorrow.

Got home to find Alex had got his Register of Exercise Professionals award cert, which is reallys mart with an emblam an all and some business cards, a magnet and some stickers which was cool.
However that was followed by discovering that one of the cats had been big time sick all over the sofa, which is not cool! That has never happened before and it’s a right mess so I’m going to have to claim on the insurance for it I think! Our sofa was very expensive (over 2k!) and as such I took out insurance thankfully which runs out this May so better get it in quick! It was have been cheaper for them to throw up over the TV, oven and fireplace combined! Ho hum, the joys of having furries!

Em - Thanks! It was exciting to see my hubster up there at the front! Was a momentous day - first of many I hope! He's been talking about it all day- its put him on a right old high!

I can totally understand Scott’s worries about the clases, as I know Alex thought the same in the beginning until he saw them and attended a few. The classes do tend to have more females in them but there are quite a few blokes usually to balance it out and there are a lot of male instructors so he’ll be fine.

I remember the first time we did BodyPump, we both went in there thinking that it would be a ‘doddle’ for us as we lift weights on the machines and happily toddled into there and started lifting but in BodyPump you do over 800 reps in once class (yes, I did say 800! ) made up of various exercises; squats, lunges, dips, curls, presses and so on and that requires a totally different type of strength, it required an endurance type of strength. So as a consequence it took me nearly a week to recover after my first BodyPump class! The next time I went in I took my weights right down to baby weights and then steadily built up so that now, 4 months on I can easily do Pump every day and lift I’d say average weights so still not at my goal! Alex lifts the most in class though out of us all – smarmy so and so!
It is amusing though watching blokes particularly go in as they all think they can lift these heavy weights and then half way through they are hanging! I’m yet to see a Pump instructor who isn’t in fabulous shape though, so it must do good things, it definitely is changing my shape, my hips are finally going down and my thighs are shrinking at long, long last.
I think the sessions are just cool cause they are easy to follow, set to great music and the instructors, as you know go through some heavy level training that is hard to pass so you know just looking at them that they know their stuff. Plus you burn a shed load of cals, I burnt nearly 1200 last night in the two classes.

I’ve heard before that some LMs are hard to get on as they are so incredibly popular; I was reading a ‘Les Mills appreciation thread’ the other day on Minimins and quite a few on there were having those issues. Our gym is the same as they are packed out but on a first come first served basis so we arrive about 45 mins before usually which is okay as it gives you time to set up and grab a spot, but even then we aren’t first. A lot of the gyms round here don’t do Sat/Sun classes as apparently they cant get the instructors so hopefully that is a bonus for us? ! Their popularity is mad busy though really and BodyPump is 20 years old as of this month so it’s not like they are a ‘now thing’. I do hope you get to go as I think you’ll do really well in them.

Good to hear you and our friends have a good workout; does that mean if you join the gym you can go with your friends as well? I must admit I hate the squats too so I feel your pain! I don’t mind full squats but it’s the bottom half ones that get me, especially the 8’s. That’s where you squat down fully with a barbell and weights on your back and then you have to do ‘mini pulse squats’ without coming up fully for 8 repetitions – I swear the burn on them is unbelievable. I think that’s what you mean by the 2,1,1?

How did your friends find the brownies?

I bet it was great for you to show your friends how strong and fit you had become as well? Em, at this rate you’ll be following in our footsteps!

I hope my first aid girl is okay today too! I diddrop her an email abut she didnt reply so I'm guessing shes still off? Will investigate tomorrow. I did go and stock up my FA box though today, just in case!

Haha, seriously not a size 10! I wish! I just have a couple of pairs of size 12s which are quite big on me but I’m sure they have stretched. I darnet go and try on any 10s anyway as I think it might upset me!

MMA is Mixed Martial Arts – basically kickboxing, fighting, that kind of thing. I believe it’s mainly pad work in the class but I don’t know. Alex is bonkers on MMA, watches all the fights, follows the fighters, practices quite a lot and is now going on about training in that in an exercise class context. I think at that point I just gave him ‘a look’ which said ‘one step at a time buddy!’ lol. I do love that kind of thing though but I’m not sure I’m ready for the more specialist stuff as I really need to work on my technique so I’m not enthralled by the idea of a class but then again everyone has got to start somewhere I suppose?. My punches and kicks are okay but my upper cuts need a lot of work!

Great news about the camera and totally agree with you to sell it and get the money right now, especially as its worth so much. Sorry to hear it’s so sad to see your desk empty, I guess that what I’ll feel like next week but hopefully it won’t be long before you can put your Disney spin on the new one? I’m gutted I’m leaving my floor, made all the more worse by the fact that I’m leaving Alex’s floor too.

Good to hear you managed to cancel your meeting this morning especially as you were unprepared due to you doing work in the first place! It wouldn’t have been fair otherwise.

You can sell your camera on here if you are a passholder, which might be a great idea? I am tempted to sell our Wii on here too?

Brekki sounds yum, I don’t mind the Belivitas but I wouldn’t recommend having biscuits for breakfast everyday, even if they are sold to be for that, so I was gonna mention to you about having some good protein and carbs on days when you have the time but now I don’t need to – see I so knew you were above a Graze box!

Amy – You sound to be back in the game, which is brilliant. Your exercise sounds good and monitoring your food and pre preparing it is fab, you’ll deffo see the benefit from all that. Thanks, yes it could be a career for Scott if he’s really into his fitness. I find a lot of the instructors have gone into that career because they have been sports people or dancers or bodybuilders and once that sort of comes to a close it’s a natural progression for people. There are lots of different careers too in fitness, gym instructors, PTs, exercise class instructors and then some people go into sports massage or recovery, that kind of thing, so there is a world of opportunity.

Sophie – sorry to hear you sts, but at least it wasn’t a gain and you know where the difference was. I too have to exercise to lose. Yeah, First Aid is a useful life skill to have I reckon you learn a lot on the course and its very in depth really. Theres a fabulous app for your ipod/iphone called first aid, which is by St Johns ambulance (who trained me) that’s free, so if you can get it I’d recommend.

Natalie – how are you finding the vibro? I was looking at ours today in the gym whilst taking my trainee through stretching on the mats nearby and wondering if I could be bothered to get on it but as it was I didn’t have time, will have to try and make time I think as its like literally a few mins. Looking forward to seeing your shoes, they sound really cool and I like the fact that they are bespoke. Haha, I dunno how much use I’d be in a major crisis situation but I hopefully will never have to find out.
Hope it goes well at your dads tonight, I agree frozen pizza is a total waste of calories but hopefully not too many at least, hopefully there will be salad and no garlic bread for you to fill up on and it’ll be over soon without too much drama. Don’t let them belittle you or get to you, as hard as that may be.

Michelle – I have the 30 day shred too and its okay but you’d have to do a lot to lose the amounts it claims, 20 mins a day probably wont really cut it but it’s a good start. I used to do all 3 at the same time and found that to be a lot better so if you can work up to that it would be good and also if you are fairly new to exercise or use it along with some good treadmill sessions then its definitely a good mix of workouts. Sorry, I haven’t had time to read back on posts so if you replied to my initial welcome post to you I may have missed it but I hope some of that helped and you are finding the whole calorie counting, portion control and general battle of losing weight a bit easier?

Right I better go, Alex has just come and got my hairdryer and appears to be drying something (not his hair) with it downstairs, I suspect the sofa so better go and investigate…….

Have a good day tomorrow peeps. xx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Crr...eeeee... eaaaa... k

Marie opens Diet thread door and peaks head round...

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Sneaks quietly into the thread with bag over head...

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread