Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 15, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Yay, love the idea of Drayton Manor! Looking forward to reading more plans
Cheers! I'm pretty excited now!

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Those pics would sway me too
They're lovely aren't they! Hope we can get some nice ones!

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Sounds a fab location.
It looks good doesn't it!

Originally Posted by Beaker89 View Post
Really looking forward to reading this.

I'm currently planning my wedding and I feel completely the same about always thinking of marriage but not the wedding.
Thanks for reading! It's funny isn't it, wedding planning does not come naturally to me!

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What an amazing wedding venue, had to google it after seeing this... looks perfect!
Thanks! I hope so, everything I've seen of it so far has been pretty mint!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 15, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This is where we're looking at getting married! We were struggling to find a venue as we want a specific Saturday next August and most places we liked were booked already, but then I thought I'd seen somewhere you could get married at Drayton Manor. I'm now thinking this was probably your Instagram! We're provisionally booked in and going to view in a couple of weeks, I'm so excited
I basically just want to have my wedding photos taken next to the dinosaurs tbh.
Old 7 Sep 15, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I'm looking forward to keeping up with your plans! Sounds fab!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeBSash
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Your plans sound really good and I can completely understand the times of MSN messenger and Blink 182 it sounds like my childhood and similar circumstances to me and Joe starting out

I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans.
JoeBSash is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sspandex View Post
This is where we're looking at getting married! We were struggling to find a venue as we want a specific Saturday next August and most places we liked were booked already, but then I thought I'd seen somewhere you could get married at Drayton Manor. I'm now thinking this was probably your Instagram! We're provisionally booked in and going to view in a couple of weeks, I'm so excited
I basically just want to have my wedding photos taken next to the dinosaurs tbh.
That's amazing! How exciting! Let me know if you want to chat about it I asked them TONS of questions (and I've got them to agree to some stuff too). Hahaha Dino wedding photos are like Steve's number one reason for agreeing!

Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
I'm looking forward to keeping up with your plans! Sounds fab!
Thank you! It keeps getting closer haha!

Originally Posted by JoeBSash View Post
Your plans sound really good and I can completely understand the times of MSN messenger and Blink 182 it sounds like my childhood and similar circumstances to me and Joe starting out

I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans.
Thanks! Hahaha that's amazing! It was so much better a few years ago, gotta love MSN!
Old 9 Sep 15, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Aww this sounds so lovely! I feel like you're def making the right decision! There's always a Disney vow renewal in 10 years hehe! MSN was a big part of our teen years too - such good times!

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans sweetie! xxxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Hello! Following along!

I was a "greebo" is the 2000's era and I am still a massive Blink 182 fan! MSN played a big part in the early stages of my fiance (Chris) and I's relationship too!
Your story is eerily similar to mine but we were planning on getting married at Alton Towers! Now my fiance works there and he didn't want to get married at his work! Plus it was actually cheaper for us to get married at Disney so we've decided on Disney instead! The Drayton Manor pictures look lovely though!

Edited at 01:50 AM.
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 15, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Aw what a lovely story! I love a wedding PJ

Amazing proposal too! How sad that you aren't going with your Florida wedding, however I think you've made the right decision and Drayton Manor looks awesome! You'll have some amazing/unique photos from there too

Will you be honeymooning in Disney World?! x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by oh_darling View Post
Aww this sounds so lovely! I feel like you're def making the right decision! There's always a Disney vow renewal in 10 years hehe! MSN was a big part of our teen years too - such good times!

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans sweetie! xxxxxx
Thanks! Hahaha I know right, deffo got that one in the bag Hahaha I feel sorry for the younguns now, facebook messenger just aint the same!

Originally Posted by Fleurlur View Post
Hello! Following along!

I was a "greebo" is the 2000's era and I am still a massive Blink 182 fan! MSN played a big part in the early stages of my fiance (Chris) and I's relationship too!
Your story is eerily similar to mine but we were planning on getting married at Alton Towers! Now my fiance works there and he didn't want to get married at his work! Plus it was actually cheaper for us to get married at Disney so we've decided on Disney instead! The Drayton Manor pictures look lovely though!
Firstly WOW i am super jealous of your fiance that is my dream job! Hahaha gotta love Blink 182! How exciting!

Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
Aw what a lovely story! I love a wedding PJ

Amazing proposal too! How sad that you aren't going with your Florida wedding, however I think you've made the right decision and Drayton Manor looks awesome! You'll have some amazing/unique photos from there too

Will you be honeymooning in Disney World?! x
Thanks! I think we have too, I'm going to write about our Honeymoon next!
Old 17 Sep 15, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Photography

I've got my first day off today in 2 weeks, so I'm going to try and update this as much as possible! I keep thinking we haven't done much but we do have quite a lot sorted!

We paid the deposit for Drayton Manor and our photographer on the same day. When I started looking in the UK there was one photographer that kept standing out, but as she didn't have prices listed I assumed she would be way out of our budget! It's Lisa Jane photography if anyone is interested.

I kept looking around and I decided to message her, it turned out she was *just* within budget! I was thrilled, all the other photographers I was looking at were really similar but didn't quite have the same 'spark' I got from her photos. I'll pop a few below to show what I mean!

So now we had the venue and photography booked, there was one more thing that was super important to us to get booked asap! Can you guess what?
Closed Thread