Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mummykazzy
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks

Thanks everyone!

We were at the Jacksonville jags game yesterday and it was full sun and 35 degree heat and we survived lol so it’s ruassuring that the heat sounds similar albeit more humid. Crowd level wise great to hear also and we will plan out FP well in advance. Good advice about half days also. Thanks for all the input feling much better about things now!

Kazzy x
mummykazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We will be going next July having been in January, February, April and November previously. We aren't looking forward to the heat and humididity (went to NY in August and it was very hot/humid) but we know that it is going to be a different holiday to previous years. We are going for 21 nights (10 nights onsite) and just going to take it easy - parks early and late with the afternoons back at CBR for a nap or a swim.

Once we leave onsite we will just do water parks until our 14 day ticket expires and then relax at the villa. Our only busy days will be (probably) full days at SW and BG.
Old 1 Oct 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We go in school hols usually end July/beg aug. We go i the parks in the morning - back to villa for lunch and a swim then back to the parks after tea. Last time we went into the water parks at 4pm - was great - not too hot, no queues - we all agreed it was the best time to go.
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have done last two weeks in August a couple of times... Quieter then because American kids back at school; crowds dip noticeably in the last week. Weather is variable i think... Went in October once when it was as hot as our August visits. It is definitely manageable but I can't do whole days in the parks. In August the parks are lovely late afternoon /evening.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jolou View Post
We have done last two weeks in August a couple of times... Quieter then because American kids back at school; crowds dip noticeably in the last week. Weather is variable i think... Went in October once when it was as hot as our August visits. It is definitely manageable but I can't do whole days in the parks. In August the parks are lovely late afternoon /evening.
We did the last two weeks of August this year, the second week was noticeably quieter, but the first week was very manageable.

It was hot, especially the first couple of days. We quickly settled into doing mornings at the parks, home at lunchtime and back again in the evenings. That worked really well.
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
July and August are no longer mega busy times.
Given how hot it was in U.K. this year, it didn’t feel overly hot for us this year either, think we had got used to it.
If I had a choice, I wouldn’t go then, mainly because flights are so expensive, but I wouldn’t let the crowds or heat put you off.
I’ve been September plenty of times and in fact there is little difference in average humid or temperature between September and Jul/ August.
There isn't much difference between June - September, all are the wet season (has anyone mentioned heavy rain most summer days?) and all are humid. The added risk in September is hurricanes, the risk of which doesn't subside until late October (direct hit about now in ?2004?).
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List