Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
maisydaisy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

How long are Virgin bookings taking to link to MDE?

I booked Wilderness Lodge for Nov 19 through Virgin at the start of the free dining offer. At the beginning of September they contacted me saying WL wasn't available, offering to move us to AKL.

Before I replied I checked Virgin's site to see rooms for WL has become available albeit standard rather than woods view, replied to virgin and had confirmation that our bookings had been changed back to WL.

That was almost 2 weeks ago and I still can't link my booking to MDE. Can anyone who's booked recently tell me how long their booking has taken to link? Thank you!
maisydaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did same. Booked CBR on day one. Moved to preferred room on 28 August then linked.

Not linked anymore and it won’t link. Called Disney they say no booking. Called Virgin today - they have no idea what’s gone wrong.

I’ve got to call tomorrow to see what’s happened
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
elhowarth
Earning My Ears

Mine was just a standard booking with no amendments. Booked at the end of August and everything was linked within 48 hours apart from tickets which took a bit longer but I’m not sure when they linked.
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mine linked , added 21 day tickets...then amended to different resort and date...My resort and date updated immediately but still not showing 21 day tickets on MDE...showing my resort though so that's something lol... Hope you get it sorted soon
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had a hotel change with Thomas cook and the same thing happened to me. At first it wouldn’t link at all, called Disney, no booking, Thomas cook said nothing was wrong on their end but Disney insisted that there was not a booking!

It later linked, probably around two/three weeks later, just randomly.
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ashleylvsgoofy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
We did same. Booked CBR on day one. Moved to preferred room on 28 August then linked.

Not linked anymore and it won’t link. Called Disney they say no booking. Called Virgin today - they have no idea what’s gone wrong.

I’ve got to call tomorrow to see what’s happened
I still cant believe Virgin Holidays are messing you around

Please keep us updated
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ashleylvsgoofy View Post
I still cant believe Virgin Holidays are messing you around

Please keep us updated
Will do. Calling again after work - was hoping they might call me but nothing so far
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
Will do. Calling again after work - was hoping they might call me but nothing so far
I don't know about you but I have found some of their staff so rude. I got a decent guy on live chat think he was called Oliver.
I prefer live chat as you have a physical record of your conversation afterwards.
I got a decent result as the swapped my holiday and I saved a lot of money but wouldn't rte them at all if it wasn't for him...and am still waiting for my tickets linking. I am in hospital with my ex so haven't got time to sort it but will have to get around to speaking to someone at some point lol. Hope you get sorted soon
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Spoke to VH this afternoon.

Apparently it’s happening “a lot”. She confirmed my holiday was ok and confirmed to them by Disney. She gave me the number Disney gave them but that doesn’t work either. The Disney team are looking in to it and it “should link in next few days”.

Once Tuesday comes I’ll be ringing again if not linked.

The 2 ladies I have spoken to have been very nice. Mind you I’ve only asked the question and they’ve given me the answer I wanted.

If it’s not sorted I’ll be complaining and then we’ll see if the attitude changes.