Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 May 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kbabble
Helping Mickey

2 days in Disney

Hi Everyone. Sorry this is my second post in as many days asking for help. You would think I could think of all my questions at once but the old brain is not what it was...
So we have been to Orlando several times but its over 10 years since we did Disney. We go on Friday and I have noticed attraction tickets direct is selling 2 day tickets that include a round of mini golf and Orlando Eye/Sealife etc for £189 each. I am sorely tempted although hubby not a huge Disney fan. But it seems like quite good value. We wouldnt do any more days so no point in looking at a 14 day ticket.

Anyway, the question i have is - what are the queues etc like at this time of year? We obviously havent booked fast passes etc so not sure if we will be able to make the best of the parks and secondly - if you could only do 2 out of the 4 which would you choose? There is me, hubby and 14 year old son.

Thanks again everyone, appreciate your help
kbabble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

Is your son not interested in Disney?

And is it big rides you're more interested in?

Think you will be able to use the MDE app to book FPs on the day
Old 6 May 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kbabble
Helping Mickey

DS is interested in Disney and especially likes Star wars (we are definitely booking for "the void") We love big rides but are visiting Busch and Universal so will get our share of those anyway, so happy with a bit of a mixed bag at Disney in terms of rides/shows etc
kbabble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

We did 1 day each at AK & MK last year, and other parks like your trip. My hubby wasn't keen on AK, but Flight of Passage has changed his mind, and would go there again.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I know disney is one of the main reasons people go to Orlando but I am the same as your husband.

We are doing two days, I would suggest Holywood Studios and AK, I think magic kingdom is a bit too disneyish for me and Epcot is ok for the first few times
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kbabble View Post
We go on Friday and I have noticed attraction tickets direct is selling 2 day tickets that include a round of mini golf and Orlando Eye/Sealife etc for £189 each. I am sorely tempted although hubby not a huge Disney fan. But it seems like quite good value. We wouldnt do any more days so no point in looking at a 14 day ticket.
I noticed this offer last night as well!
We were booking 2-day tickets at the gate when we go in November, but this seems like a good deal as we would probably use all the extras it gives you too.

So Disney experts... If you buy regular 2-day tickets like these, can you only book FPs on the day?
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

No. When you get your tickets you can link them to my Disney experience, and then your all set to book your fp 30 days before you want to go to the park (60 if you are staying onsite). I would definitely recommend booking in advance.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
No. When you get your tickets you can link them to my Disney experience, and then your all set to book your fp 30 days before you want to go to the park (60 if you are staying onsite). I would definitely recommend booking in advance.
Great! Thanks
So when we get the tickets I presume we would have to choose what day we would visit each park 30 days in advance?

That's not a problem, it's just that we usually have quite a relaxed schedule so will have to organise ourselves a little more this time! lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
Great! Thanks
So when we get the tickets I presume we would have to choose what day we would visit each park 30 days in advance?
Yes, although you can change your mind later. However the fastpass availability will be less the closer to the actual day you change your mind.

As for which two parks to visit...

As your son is a big Star Wars fan then Hollywood Studios would be an obvious choice. He'll probably like Star Tours, the Launch Bay, and the Star Wars fireworks. And Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror are both great thrill rides. (Unfortunately there aren't a lot more rides there at the moment).

For the other park, maybe Animal Kingdom? Magic Kingdom is the most Disneyfied park and has lots of rides. But most of the rides are quite tame and MK can get very busy. I like Epcot the most but it is a bit of a marmite park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:22 PM. Reason: Oops. Got Rocknrollercoaster mixed up with ripridetrockit
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List