Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
We're going for 11 nights next oct and I am concerned that it will not be long enough. We are just staying onsite at disney though so we won't be bothering with any of the other parks. Also we are not shoppers so that won't be taking away park time.
We did 11 nights once and squeezed in Universal and Seaworld too. It was too much and had we just done Disney it would have been a much more relaxed holiday. 11 nights will be fine.

The truth is, we went for 3 weeks once and it still didn’t feel enough!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I'm doing 7 nights on the way back from a conference and did the same last year. Was a great way to wind down from the conference and also got me feeling very Christmassy (1st week in Dec). I also went for a week flying over from the UK and I enjoyed that as well.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We've done 7 days, 8 day and 12 days and that way cut costs and try and go once per year.
Found the seven day trip ok but I'd only recommend if you're staying onsite at Disney and only doing Disney parks.
8 days is perfect for us to fit everything we want to in and then some, we take it easy too and have pool mornings as well and don't feel like we're missing out. My feet hurt so much by the end of day 8 anyway, so I'm ready to leave.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Mobile

We have done 7, 10, 14 and upto 21 days and enjoyed them equally. I would do a week again if that was all I could get.

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re going for 10 nights next October, have only ever done 17 & 19 nights so will be a big difference! But we’re staying at Cabana Bay the whole time so looking forward to doing universal at a slower pace than usual! I don’t think there are ever enough days but we have to enjoy the days we can get, be it 7, 10 or 14!

Edited at 10:58 AM.
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We usually do 21 to 25 nights. It's never enough ;-)

Next year we were doing 14 nights but changed it to 9 nights in WDW, 4 nights in Washington, 1 night in Atlantic City, 7 nights on DVC Members Cruise.

Going for a DVC Gold Annual Pass so no water parks, no SeaWorld, no Universal. We're pretty happy with 9 days onsite, like others have said just manage your expectations. We aim to be at rope drop every day, take afternoons out and hit the parks in the evening to make the most of the compressed visit.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We're going for 9 nights in Feb. We just got home from 10 nights. If you don't try and do everything it's perfectly fine.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

We’ve done two seven days trips to Orlando as that was all our schedules and circumstances would allow. Just make the most of your time.

If you have the option of staying longer then I would always advise taking it, the flights are such a large proportion of the holiday cost then it makes sense to maximise your days on the ground, but if your life only allows for 11 (or 9) days holiday then that’s what you have to get on with.
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
liamaxina
VIP Dibber

liamaxina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We usually go for 3 weeks and it's never enough! Shortest period I've been for is 10 days - but I went 3 times that year .
Old 5 Oct 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re currently half way through a 10 night stay and we’re wishing we’d booked 14 nights