Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Nov 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Photo pass photographers for characters being phased out?

Just read this on Twitter. Apparently it will be an automatic camera starting with Tinkerbell at the end of this month? Anyone heard anything about this?
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
Just read this on Twitter. Apparently it will be an automatic camera starting with Tinkerbell at the end of this month? Anyone heard anything about this?
Hope not! It's the candid ones with characters that I like the best! No machine would achieve that.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
Hope not! It's the candid ones with characters that I like the best! No machine would achieve that.
Me too! Think some of the photographers make such an effort, have got so many amazing pictures of the kids that I didn’t even realise they were taking.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

This year we had a couple of meet n greets were there was no photographer at all so the CM had to take photos using my camera (Joy/Sadness/Baymax and another which I can’t recall). Although did manage to get other photos on another day.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Its starts at Tinkerbell at MK soon. Disney have to pay more for wages now so things like this were always going to happen

Edited at 09:07 AM.
Gaz Lear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

So how does it work with an automatic camera?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
So how does it work with an automatic camera?
I’d imagine it’s a case of a CM saying look at the box and a button is pressed

twitter/backdoordisney/s...258329088?s=21

twitter/backdoordisney/s...490298369?s=21
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

That really is a shame
It was always one less thing to worry about too knowing you were getting good pictures and didn't have to worry about it whilst interacting with the characters!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
I wonder if they will still take a picture with your own camera.

It’s such a shame. when I’ve looked at my pictures after character meets they have captured some really beautiful pictures of the children individually, ones where they are not looking at the camera, some where you can see them smiling at each other in the excitement. Some of these have been my favourite pictures, more so than the staged ‘cheese’ photo at the end.
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Disney have so much money, I get so angry when they refuse to pay talented photographers just a couple of dollars extra per hour I feel very sorry for the hardworking photographers who have lost their jobs or been reassigned. Almost every photopass photographer we met was really enthusiastic and I got some beautiful pictures of my and my partner (and we’re usually very unphotogenic...)

I imagine this will have an impact on the number of people buying photopass. We were lucky enough to get ours free with our tickets in 2016 but we’m were planning to purchase MaxPass solely for photopass when we visit DCA in April. We don’t do loads of character meets but we like to make the most of our photopass simply because the pictures are so lovely

Edited at 10:43 AM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List