Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Nov 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I changed from POR to CBR ..got a really good deal so I am just going to hope we enjoy it... Its our second time to WDW and our first onsite so I am sure it will feel amazing as I have nothing to compare it to
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Is anybody else still sitting on the fence with regard to staying at CBR next year?

ATM I could move to FQ for about £80 more than I paid for CBR.

Wish they'd hurry up & decide if they're doing lunch.

I also read on FB that when ordering QS counter meals off the menu the CM's aren't allowing guests to substitute a dessert for their drink.
Has anyone that's been recently been allowed to swap their drink for a dessert when ordering breakfast or lunch?

I know other resorts do it & CBR always used to too.

😬
We're happy to stay, plus we got a really good deal and POR would be significantly more for us. We've got just under a year to go and a lot can change in that time, so we'll wait and see. Hopefully they'll sort lunch out by then, but if not, we'll work around it.

I'm surprised about them not allowing the drink/snack swap though. Considering that the drink can now be alcoholic for adults, it's a bit short sighted, as surely they cost a lot more than a cupcake/croissant/cookie etc. Hopefully it's poor training and will iron itself out.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Hopefully it's poor training and will iron itself out.
Just so strange for Disney to allow poor cast member knowledge/service last this long? Its been open for over a month now after all.

We know it will sort itself out but as ever they are just dragging their feet with all things CBR
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rachey_101 View Post
We are also staying at CBR in September, I’m SO on the fence to call up Disney and change resort. I just hate all this uncertainty around Gondolas & food court. I know we love POR & the food court so it will not dissapoint but I was also really looking forward to trying a new resort and with a then 3 year old, the pools, beaches & playgrounds.
What uncertainty is it regarding the food court?
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Is anybody else still sitting on the fence with regard to staying at CBR next year?

ATM I could move to FQ for about £80 more than I paid for CBR.

Wish they'd hurry up & decide if they're doing lunch.

I also read on FB that when ordering QS counter meals off the menu the CM's aren't allowing guests to substitute a dessert for their drink.
Has anyone that's been recently been allowed to swap their drink for a dessert when ordering breakfast or lunch?

I know other resorts do it & CBR always used to too.

😬
We’re definitely staying putt. Can’t wait 😀
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re staying in CBR in July (delayed from this year) and can’t wait. We stayed briefly before and loved it so It’s DDs first choice.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I am. Waiting to see if there are any changes to the food court and menu first but I’m not hopeful.

It’ll be a downgrade to value for us as we don’t want to stay at either port Orleans resort again, which will mean an increase in price with adding on the qsdp.

That’s even more disappointing they aren’t swapping the drink.

Would love to stay at cbr though. Decisions decisions.
Yeah, it’ll be a shame if you don’t stay at CBR and have to downgrade & pay more.

Hopefully they will make some tweaks to the menu.

I was going to make my decision whether to stay or go at the end of Nov, but think I’ll wait until end of Dec to decide. Like you we really want to go to CBR, keeping fingers crossed 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

So glad most of you are still thinking of staying at CBR next year, it really is a gorgeous resort & has always been one of my fav’s 😊

Looks like there’s just 3 of us that might move! 😬
I just wish they were doing lunch and had a few more ‘plainer’ (that’s not the word I’m looking for, but you know what I mean) food options.

If I do end up change hotels, I would still have to pop over to CBR and check it all out. 😁

Ps - I saw a photo of Sebastian’s all decked out in Caribbean style Xmas dec’s, looks gorgeous 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

More concept art of Riviera Resort.
From the picture it doesn't look like it's going to be walled off from CBR, looks like pathways from Riviera lead to pathway around the lake?

wdwmagic/resorts/dis...era-resort.htm
Old 17 Nov 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

So glad most of you are still thinking of staying at CBR next year, it really is a gorgeous resort & has always been one of my fav’s 😊

Looks like there’s just 3 of us that might move! 😬
I just wish they were doing lunch and had a few more ‘plainer’ (that’s not the word I’m looking for, but you know what I mean) food options.

If I do end up change hotels, I would still have to pop over to CBR and check it all out. 😁

Ps - I saw a photo of Sebastian’s all decked out in Caribbean style Xmas dec’s, looks gorgeous 😊
We’re going to give it til probably January see if there are any changes then.

Didn’t someone say that they were told they may start opening for lunch after thanksgiving? Or did I imagine that.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List