Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jan 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by PrincessMummy View Post
Well weve finally booked!
BA doing MAN-LHR-MIA 10th Aug-01st Sep
2 Ad & 2 Ch incl 15 days car hire
Bit more than we wanted to pay but route works for us & its finally booked so I can stop the obsession of looking morning, noon & night!

Its such a relief to get something booked isnt.

We are doing the same route on the 11th, leaving MAN at 7am and on the LHR to MIA at 9.45am. Theres a few Dibbers doing the same route. Have you done it before? Being a newbie, Im really looking forward to the LHR terminal dash 😂. I wasnt sure about it tbh, but looking was taking over my life and I dont think my nerves could take anymore. The direct flights were out of our budget and I was worried about the non direct slipping out of our reach too so just went for it.

Edited at 09:33 PM.
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevArnTwe
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by livvipivvi View Post
Its such a relief to get something booked isnt.

We are doing the same route on the 11th, leaving MAN at 7am and on the LHR to MIA at 9.45am. Theres a few Dibbers doing the same route. Have you done it before? Being a newbie, Im really looking forward to the LHR terminal dash 😂. I wasnt sure about it tbh, but looking was taking over my life and I dont think my nerves could take anymore. The direct flights were out of our budget and I was worried about the non direct slipping out of our reach too so just went for it.
Im doing the same time flights as you on the 10th, my first time indirect too, but had to be done at the price we paid, direct was not in my budget.
BevArnTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been in August for the past 4 years and have always booked our flights by now! Not this time though. I cant get over how expensive they are! Last year I paid 1600 for 4 of us from LHR to Miami. Cant even get close to that at the moment. We cant do indirect anymore as my son suffers major anxiety and travel sickness on the plane so have to go direct. Its looking very unlikely at the moment that well be going 😢
Old 7 Jan 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

FINALLY booked!

Virgin Atlantic, 2 adults, 2 children
Sun 19th August LGW>MCO (Upper Class)
Sun 2nd September MCO>BOS>LHR (Premium Economy)
Total: 1,834 + 390k miles

I'm so over the moon to finally have it sorted. All the searching really does pay off!
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
We cant do indirect anymore as my son suffers major anxiety and travel sickness on the plane so have to go direct. 😢
I'm sure that you have thought about this already, but just in case, have you asked a GP about any medication he may be able to take? It's so helpful for adults but I'm not sure if chidren can take it too.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gerrymcc View Post
Has everyone booked now? I am still waiting on a price drop, but dont know if I should. My dates are coming in at 1900 for 2 adults 1 13yr old and 1 6 year old.

That is GLA - LGW - MCO and then MIA - PHL - GLA

What does everyone think? These prices any good?
That's pretty good for school holidays. How low were you hoping for ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I'm sure that you have thought about this already, but just in case, have you asked a GP about any medication he may be able to take? It's so helpful for adults but I'm not sure if chidren can take it too.
Yes going to make an appt with my GP, if we do manage to go this year. He was so bad last year I thought we was going to end up in hospital with him! 😢
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Decided to have quick look at flights yesterday and found a brilliant bargain that would have been silly to pass up .
16th aug - man -Lhr-mia
1st sept -mia-ord-man
3 adults -1138.92 BA & AA flights
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
samhugs
Getting Excited

Finally booked flights edin-Toronto- Miami for 2adults 4 children 2360 with Air Canada
samhugs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JANELOU
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are travelling the same route Manchester, Heathrow, Miami on the 15/8. First time indirect but got bargain price in Sept sale.
JANELOU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List